1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Thanks for Saving us Dollars $$$$$

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Feb 2, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

CB, I said what I said and it is my opinion, everyone has a right to there opinion. He did his time in jail yea, so now he is being rewarded with millions of dollars to play football again. Boy we set a good example there for all the young kids out there. He should never have been allowed to play again, period. :angry:
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Understand you have yer right to yer beliefs. But do you git to talk to a lot of the people in the field of takin care of prisoners.
    Ever talk to many prisoners on they did their time and nobody want's to give them a 2nd chance.

There's a tremendous amount of prisons up here in the country where I live.
    One right up the road.
    I git to hear a lot from all the prison guards and some of the people that git out you hear from them.
    See people that has gotten out of prison. When they go to fill out a application for Walmart or anywhere. Nobody wants to hire them.
    They are restricited to what they can do.
    Without a job they git back with the wrong crowds and wind up back in prison.
    Know people do stupid things now days and probaly don't think before they do it.
    But What should you do to a man like Michael Vic after he has served his time.
    Make him work at MCDonalds or Walmart.

His life can be best served doing what he's doin.
    Kids needs to understand there are penalities for doing things wrong.
    Not that if you screw up, nobody is every gonna let you start yer life over.

I don't know how to fix the system. But it ain't workin super good right now.
  3. FLHTbiker

Well I still disagree with you. To many kids will get the wrong idea by rewarding him.
    :wtf: Your sounding like a frigging bleeding heart, so now we should reward all those in prison cause yea feel sorry for em. :cussing: They are there for a reason and they should have thought about their future before they did the crime. :angry:
  4. cardboard

Not sayin what they did is right.
    And I don't mean to sound like I don't think they shouldn't of been locked up.
    But when you drag kids into it, makes me upset too.
    Because of Kids everybody should be crusified for doing wrong.
    Kid do things wrong and they are taught not to do things again and learn from it.

But if a peson did their time the court set for them in Hole.
    Why let them out, if nobody is gonna give them a job ?
    Got a buddy that went to prison for DWI's. Nobody wants to give him a job.
    As soon as he fills out a App and they see he had been in prison. The application is throwed in the garbage can.
    He finally got a Hot Shot delivery job.
    But I've heard him talk for years also about it.
    He had a problem.
    Seen juriors go hard on somebody when they didn't even have solid evidence on somebody. The juriors was gonnna convict the person. I asked How, you don't have nothin as evidence to make him guilty. This just ain't right.

Life is so fast nowdays its easier to just git rid of the problem.
    And a lot of DA's are just makin a name and money for themselves.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Well isn't that the price you pay and should consider before committing the crime? They are not innocent otherwise they would not be in jail to begin with.

Can't blame an employer for wanting to protect their assets and people
    from someone with felony issues....

It is a viscous cycle... But one they choose...
  6. cardboard

I was a employer for 19yrs. And with the business I had I couldn't employee andybody that had a felony record. I understand all that.
    But if you git out and you can't git a job, what are you suppose to do for money. How are you suppose to live. You can't just dump the people on the street. With what they have learned in Prison they will be more likely to hurt somebody. Sit back and think about it.
    And don't ask me what the answer is.
    Don't think a lot of people think about the concensiences before they do things. We protect people from everything as a kid so when they grow up, not sure if they have enough common sense to protect themselves.
    You did all the thinkin for them while they was a kid.

And they find somebody everyday that DNA has let them out of jail cause they was in for 19rs and didn't commit the crime.
    But when you git charges on you if you Sign the papers for a Deal the DA gives you, regardless if yer innocent or guilty. Yer screwed.
    Michael Vic did wrong. And he paid for it.
    I respect him for doing the time.
    Hope he learned from it and don't make another mistake. He got a chance that a lot of people will probaly never git.
    I think he will educate a lot of people that talk to him about doing the right thing. Think before you act.
    I seen a interview on him and I think he learned from it.
  7. cardboard

At the rate were going, there is gonna be the day when there are as many felons as non felons if it keeps going like it is.
    When you watch the news its everyday somebody goes to jail for something.
    Probaly didn't git a education and hard times is up on them.
  8. FLHTbiker

Hey CB, the reason I mentioned kids in the first place as these ball players (all of them) are looked up to by the kids. They are idolized and worshiped by them. Go into a kids room and see how many posters they got up of their favorite ball player, race car driver or some famous or respected athlete. I do home inspections and on homes where the sellers have not moved out yet and they got kids many of their rooms are filled with posters of athletes including many girls rooms. You get a guy like that and to me were sending the wrong information to the kids.
  9. cardboard

I realize that. And you are right.
    I just see the end from the guards and exinmates. They also need help to keep from going back. If they go back what good did it do to put them there the 1st time. Its a swingin door.I have seen a lot of the other side of the door with people and their families who has somebody that has been in prison.
    It don't just effect the persons life in prison. Its also their family it effects.
    People can't just dump their family cause they made a mistake.

I went into homes all the time as a locksmith and seen the same thing.
    But the parents are gonna have to spend more time teachin their kids.
    They would probaly have to say this dude made a mistake and got a rare chance that is 1in a million to start his life over good again.
    He could of worked at McDonalds for the rest of his life. Or be back in prison.
    When you do something wrong, or git with the wrong crowd, you need to think of what the concenquences will be for yer actons.
    Man I dun got old and would be terrible raisin kids today.
    But kids also need to be taught pro ball ain't forever. What are you gonna do if you don't make it, or retire.
  10. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Before I responded to this, I read the rest of the thread. I thought that I would never say this, but in this case, I agree 100% with Cardboard. I was reciprocating to FLHT about where he plays and the fact that he is rooting for the Packers.:(

In Vicks' case, he did the time that he was asked to serve, paid money that was asked, cost him a lot of money because he had to pay back a lot of money to the Falcons, not to mention the money lost in earnings while he was in prison. Vick also has counseling that is required by the league. Vick did not really get off that easy. do I think that he has been reformed or is reforming? NO I do not, but that is his choice, and I cannot really hold what he did in the past against him because as CB has said, he has paid his debt back to society that was asked of him, and is still paying. I think although we do not hear much at all about his past transgressions, if and when he messes up again, that will be the time to judge. Just an after thought, even though Vick is still one of the most dynamic players in the league, he is not making a lot of money from the Eagles. I think that speaks volumes about any questions that may exist about his ability to stay out trouble. Also, some of my opinion comes from the fact that his brother has trouble staying out trouble as well.
  11. FLHTbiker

Well all I'll say is I personally don't believe he should have been allowed to play again. He did his time paid back his money because he knew if he was good he would be back in the game again. Whether he is making lots or not a lot of money to me makes no difference. Did he really understand what he did wrong, I doubt it very much.
  12. JohnnyBiker

I agree with you on many points. When he said that he was sorry, yeah, he was sorry that he got caught. As far as being allowed to play again, I do think that people deserve a second chance, but I will never view him in the same way again. I did not care for him that much to begin with. But I not completely hold what he did against him because he did do his time.
  13. FLHTbiker

ok, :)
  14. cardboard

I've done work for pro ball players. They train all the time and go to dfferent states all the time. The ones that ain't married don't keep up with who even comes and goes out of their house.
    When I used to do work for Warren Moon he didn't even know what his kids were doing most of the time. And they was in the same house as him.
    He used to go to different states just to watch his daughter play tennis.
    He had a office that kept up with everything for him.
    I had to go in the room where he was workin out to ask him questions about the locks and how he wanted them. He would smile and stop workin out for a couple minutes
    Trainin , workin out with weights, running and all is a full time job.
    The have to stay in shape all year long. I've done work for several Pro Ball Players and some Basketball players.

I would bet that Vic got drug into what was happening on his property and wasn't even aware of what was happening.
    The DA and news media totally blows things out of proprotion. They should be held accountable for any negative media they git out that ain't true.
    I can count many times when Channel 2 would go a report on things that happened where I was, And their story wan't even close to what happened.
    When I seen it on TV I was shocked. They was blaming the wrong people for what happened and drug innocent folks into the story.
    Don't believe everything you see on the news.
    Its all about you watchin their Channel and makin money.
    And the biggest person makin money and a name for themsleves is DA's.
  15. JohnnyBiker

OK:rolleyes: Then how do you explain the dogs being buried on his property and the fighting arena for the dogs??? That is a lot large to not know about!!

BTW, who cares about Warren Moon???
  16. FLHTbiker

:rolleyes: Yea right he is totally innocent and its all the media's fault :banghead:
  17. cardboard

Do you know how much property he had. WAs you there. I think his brother might of been involved in it.
    The dudes I know that has property don't cut the grass, don't do the headges. Don't clean or cook, they are gone most of the time.
    Somebody comes in and does everything.
    The Person I had problems gittin to help me was Warren Moons wife Cynthia I believe it was. Don't think 1/2 the time he even knew she was in the house.
    Most of the time he was gone anyway. These guys do things besides play ball. They attend charity events and a lot of other things. No tellin what all their managers have lined up for them.
    They are about making money. And they don't git to sit on their butt to make it.

Who's the dude that is in trouble. Roger Clemmons, I've been to his house several times to do lockwork. Had a neighbor that delivered Pizza there.
    Never seen him at home, never even seen his son either.
    They was always gone but the house was fulll of people.

You don't live the life these people live. Looks like they have limited free time.
    Seems like they are always gone for someting.

Did work for one of the Carolina Panthers football player house, been there about a dozen times. Normally met his mom. ONe time we found the gas burner on the stove left on. Her son never knew nothing about it.
    Didn't want to worry him. I found it on too.

Look a lot of kids has drugs in their parents homes and do drugs and the parents never know it.
    They hide it from their parents. kids ain't alld dumb.
  18. JohnnyBiker

It's a conspiracy officer, it wasn't me, I had absolutely no idea what is going on or how those dead dogs got into my house or buried in my yard?? Whatever!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: Were you there???

Hey CB, I am disappointed dude, I thought you knew Bullshiit when you heard it, smelled it, or seen it???? What happened???
  19. cardboard

Don't think non of you was there either.
    Blame whomever you want.

Had somebody trying to blame something that happened in my yard on me.
    I had been if Florida for 2 weeks at my aunts house.
    Git the knife out and do yer spreading.

When Everybody knows everything and they only know what the media states which can be properganda
    on whomever they want.
  20. JohnnyBiker

Ultimately it was on his property, he is responsible for what happens there!!!