1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The 2011 season

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by sarge7, Oct 2, 2010.

1. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

sounds like a good idea, I am tired of winters too, been thinking about maybe west Texas, maybe the Hill Country, San Angelo, Big Springs or some place like that, just don't know if I can get that far away from the mountains.
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Hope you like HOT Weather. It broke a record here yesterday with 85* and were just in the Spring in the South.
    Wished I could go to PC in yer place.

Could visit my cousin there.:gah:
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

CB - 85 sounds great - 28 here with lows in the 20's - I'm ready for a little sweat or a lot as long as I don't hear or see anything about snow and ice. :)
    Got my reservations made today and was able to move up our arrival time by one day so that will give the OL a chance to get her feet wet before I start running around to all the different places in PCB - really lookin foreward to this years bash.
  4. cardboard

Don'y
    t forgot to Pack the Bullfrog
  5. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Lookin foreward to seeing the biker build off this year - 15k prize money and the best part it's all free shows. Will be taking the camera and hope to share a bunch of pics when I get back. Who knows maybe JoshBob will show up and I can teach him how to take pics he can post. :roflmao:
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm thinking about going to Seattle this summer. Up across Wyoming and through Idaho in to Washington and then back down the west coast and maybe across Hwy 50 through Nevada again. I'd hit Canyonlands this time.

HarleysLR - When I went through Texas last year, it was 109 in June. This was a good winter for riding here. I'm sick of putting on the chaps every time I go for a ride, but between the mountains and the amazing dry summers, I wouldn't trade Colorado for Texas. Sorry, no offense Texas guys. Love ya, but I've been a northern girl most of my life. That heat kills me.
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Drop down into Oregon and give us a jingle
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

heat kills me also!!!!!!!!!!
  9. FLHTbiker

Come on up to Oregon Chuck, doors always open.

Abby should stop in to and meet the master quilter :D
  10. cardboard

I know what the problem it and its staring you in the Face.

Yer just gittin OLD dude. Face it.:cussing:
  11. chucktx

it is near the top of my bucket list!!!!!!!!!
  12. chucktx

slight chance you are correct........but i AINT growin up!!!!!!!
  13. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Still planning to hit PCB - leavin on Tues for 2 weeks down in sunny Florida :)- only problem is the weather don't seem to want to cooperate :banghead:- forecasting heavy rain and maybe tornados on the way down. So I might have to modify some travel plans :mad:- but it ain't going to keep me from going.:D
    Got a call from First Lady and she is also going down to meet with the OL and me - should be a good time if the dang rain stays north of us.:cheers:
  14. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Shovin off tomorrow morning - weather is still not good - lots of flooding further south of us and more forecasted for wed. - but come hell or high"er") water I'm a goin.:D Been trying to locate a rental trailer but haven't had much luck.:banghead: Everybodys got cargo trailers and open haulers but no enclosed bike trailers. didn't really want to haul my ride down to Fl. - would rather ride but the OL is having cat fits about me ridin in and thru storms so I guess I'll have to keep looking if I can't find one today :gah: - I'm gonna get good and wet but will have 2 or 3 weeks to dry out before I come back.:roflmao:
  15. cardboard

Go to Uhaul and rent a enclosed trailer and some straps.
    Check the height. And you might have to rent some ramps.
  16. FLHTbiker

Yea and you haul it down in a trailer and the weather will be nice, :rolleyes:.
  17. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Well I found a bike trailer finally and we hauled it down to Florida - weather was great all the way down - we skipped between the tornados and the weather in Panama City has been in the mid 80's with lows in the 60's at nite. Riding is heaven after being closed in all winter. Lots of vendors , bike shows, broad shows and the tail end of spring break for college kids ( Oh if I was 40 years younger). Got some great pics to share when I get back home. OL is going crazy with all the shopping places down here. Probably have to apply fer a gov loan just to git home - but I don't care - like I said the weather is beautiful and the riding is outstanding - must be upword of half million bikes running all over the place. :D
  18. FLHTbiker

Really glad your having a great time. Sounds like fun.
  19. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Got some pics to load up here will get the rest on as soon as I get time - Man ! take a short vacation and the HONEYDO list starts piling up fast. Got home to find out the crapper in my bath room is leaking thru the wax seal so got to repair that while I still have a floor to nail it to. :roflmao:

Attached Files:

20. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I hate that! (honeydo's that is).
    Nice paint. Where were you?