1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The New Indian: A Test Ride in Review

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Apr 9, 2014.

1. sameolddoc

sameolddoc Member

It's the regulations that are forcing the price. Corn shortages occurred because the EPA mandated we make so many gallons of ethanol each year. 40% of the corn crop is made into alky as it is. The speculation on corn because of the mandate drove the prices up. I'll grant Obama one thing, at least he cut back on the annual quota for ethanol production last November. Seems we're stockpiled several million barrels that haven't even been blended into gas yet. But he's caught between two free market forces, each wanting more of the pie. If he cuts ethanol production, he's accused of selling out to big oil, but if he keeps it where it was, he's selling out to farmers. Either way the damn speculators win.

Just as long as the ethanol forces don't win the battle for E85 replacing E90 as we have it. That's going to be a disaster for engine manufacturers and consumers. Nothing but specifically designed engines will run very long on that crap. Chain saws and other small 2-strokes are already very adversely affected by the current crap gas.
  2. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Texas between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls
    I sorta agree but there is no reason for ALL the middle guys. When they started all the futures crap, they started manipulating the market. It may still be called a free market but it is absolutely controlled now. That is wrong!

EDIT:Hmmm. Looks like while I had breakfast my point was made.
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

They look nice. Saw one done that way at Donnie Smith.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk