1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The new softail

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Feb 9, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good thing I did ride today, its now pouring down rain, hard. Looks bad for tomorrow to. :(
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Thanks Sarge. I have a really good feeling about this upcoming job fair. One of the organizations that I am interested in is the YMCA, they have a coordinator job available. I think it would be awesome to find a way to give back to the community in some way.

I like that new Softtail, I just don't like the exhaust as usual. I like the paint combination a lot!!!
  3. alaitken

alaitken New Member

Mine is a 2011 Softail Deluxe FLSTN with stock pipes. I previously had a 2002 Wide Glide with Sampson pipes. I miss the deep throaty sound and kick butt performance of my old Wide Glide. Any recommendations on new pipes for my '11 Softail Deluxe that will give me back some of the original deep throaty Harley sound and a little boost in performance as well? I've heard Rinehart may be an option.
  4. calif phil

calif phil Member

Rineharts are good as well as some slip on mufflers if you want to spend fewer dollars. Congrats on the new bike.
  5. MO tex

MO tex New Member

congrats on the new softail man
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Not crazy about the exhaust on it, either - sorta look like scrambler style pipes - too high. Pipes ought to be low and short as possible. But overall, it is a cool looking bike. Specially like the spoked wheels. Always thought billet wheels were the worst looking things on any bike.
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Was at the dealer yesterday and they had one of the new Switchbacks sitting on the showroom floor. Not to bad of a looking bike and comes with the 103 motor. Threw a leg over it to see how it sits and was surprised, not bad. Be a good bike for someone like JB do to there size or pocket book Be an excellent bike for a women, sits low and has removable little hard bags (should be able to get a womens mid sized purse in one). Comes in different colors to. :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011