1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The Ride Today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 16, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Salesman asked me if I wanted one like it and Steve yelled no. Guess they only made something like 998 of em. Yes, it is a beautiful bike for sure. :)
  2. FLHTbiker

Tuesday, myself, Steve OlBill, Bob and a few others are meeting to go for a ride. I think they may ride up the Clackamas River and into the MT Hood national forest. Suppose to be a real nice day tomorrow. :D
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Great looking bike, he will really like it.

give him the www.CVOHARLEY.com the home for CVO harley owners FLHRSEI FLHRSEI2 FXSTDSEI FLTRSEI FLTRSEI2 FXR2 FXR3 FXR4 FXDWG2 FXDWG3 FXTDSE2 FLHTCSE FLSTFSE2 VRSCSE2 FLHTCUSE VRXSE FLHTCUSE2 FLHRSE3 FXSTSSE FXDSE FLHTCUSE3 FLHRSE4 FXSTSSE2 FXDSE2 FLTRSE3 FLHTCUS web site,
    CVO owners web board...

If he finds that the exhaust is a bit warm
    on his right side I've got some links to folks
    that take care of that nasty cat in the header
    for a couple of hundred bucks, bike runs better
    and heat drops 4000 degrees on your arse LOL

He'll love the bike.
  4. FLHTbiker

HRK have not been on that board sense I dumped my 07 SE Ultra due to all the mechanical problems.
  5. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Ah, pretty bike, gonna like that...
  6. FLHTbiker

Some of us rode up over MT Hood then down to Timothy Lake area and down to the Clackamas River road. Steve, Olbill, Bob and a couple guys from another chapter that we ride with to. We then rode over the cascade range and down to Detroit Lake for lunch. Wished you guys could see the views and fall colors. Got a couple of pics and have some pics of Detroit, MT Jefferson and of the lake. God what a beautiful ride today. 196 miles for me. Elevations at the passes were only around 4500 feet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  7. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

So there are you at peak color? Here peak color is at about 3000, above that was last week. I like living in NC mountains all the time, but I love the fall! :D
  8. FLHTbiker

The fall colors don't care what elevation as long as there are trees with leaves. Problem is there are so many Doug Fir trees that they tend to drown out any other tree unless its in a clearing or along the creeks and rivers.
    Wished I could take pics when riding, lots of bright yellows and red colors.
  9. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Gorgeous photos FLHT. That Detroit Lake shot looks like it should be a post card.

If you're riding with a group, nobody wants to stop for pictures. So, when I'm going through a scenic area, I just set my cruise control and snap pics while riding. I loop the camera strap around my neck so camera is safe if I have to grab the bars quickly.
  10. FLHTbiker

Was using my IPhone today but had to resize some to post here