1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The view from today's ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 12, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Cowboy, Hwy 101 runs right along the coast through all of Oregon. Washington has hardly any coast riding like Oregon. Northern Ca. 101 runs along parts of the coast, through parts of the Red Woods. Don't know about Southern Ca. I only go as far south a Eureka as it starts getting to crowded further south.
  2. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Thanks Dude I 'm thinking the last of July would be good Wichita Falls to SF up 1 to Eugene Or, to the wife's sister and home. That is some pretty country

Tiny
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

We're gonna do it sometime, gonna fly into SFO and rent a couple of bikes and head up the coast.

Also want to fly into LALA land and ride from LALA to SFO..
  4. fujimo

fujimo New Member

hey fltch,,,made it to emmmet id,,,you must go next year,,,had a bike rodeo,,,in the actual riodeo grounds ,,,dirt ,,,loose,,,about 5 inches deep,,, drag races,,,barrelll push,,,slow race .,,,,honey im home race,,, water balloon race,,, weinee bite,,sponsered bu pow/mia,,,, had a guest speaker who was national president of group to bring mia back,,,,has been doing it for 30 years,,,a woman,,, been to southeast asia many many times,,,said she now knows the generals etc by first names,,,, had several venders,,,live music ,,, TROPHY GIRLS,,,****ty place to camp,,,,showers ,,, twice a day,,,the bikes left you solid dust,,,, clothes,,, hair ,,,,teeth,,,, was great,,,, had some great riders,,,one gal was 4 months pregnant,, won one compitition and was close in others,,,, you need to try it next year,,,,pops
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I forgot how pretty that area is. I don't think there's any bad riding there..good good cheese in Tillamook..[sp?]
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

FLHT i thought it was 101 but it was so long ago we left sacramento (sp) about jello headed & just rode along the coast that much I do remember rode a couple days then headed back to sac worked a coulpe more weeks Then headed back to Alb Nm to get right again & have'nt been jello headed since that ride along the coast , I would like to do it again just to see what I missed back then :banghead:
  7. FLHTbiker

Cowboy you guys are all welcome here anytime. You would really be amazed at what you probably did miss. This would be a cool place for a week long bike talk ride. Problem is a week wouldn't even scratch the surface of all the cool places I could take you to. We complain a lot in the winter when it rains but all that water really makes for some beautiful country.
  8. FLHTbiker

Sounds like a good time. They had the winnie bit at the hog rally here in Oregon and I couldn't get the wife to do it so I wound up getting another gal on the bike with me and she was so heavy I could not hold the bike up straight at a slow speed. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

lmao!!!!!