1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Thinking about serious motor work

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Hot01, Aug 24, 2007.

1. fxdxsteve

fxdxsteve Active Member

I did it the way tom said he's right however when I had my jugs bored out the motor felt like it was finally getting enough air to really run I believe the motor was originally meant to be 95 inches but the epa made them choke the motor down to meet some of their assinine specs
    this site has a lot of good info about hopping up the tc motor

Welcome to Heavy Duty Cycles Web Site
  2. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Steve,

As I was looking at that site I realized that the owner, Donny Peterson, is the same guy who writes the Techline articles in American Iron Magazine that I mentioned earlier.

He does a great job explaining things each month.

T
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  3. fxdxsteve

fxdxsteve Active Member

he's more knowledgible about twincams than any one that I've seen and he explains everything so even I can understand and he supports my theory that tc's were meant to be 95 inches
  4. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I'm still working on reading his 3 part article on the new 96r and 6 speed. He discusses performance, noise issues, upgrades.

He has me sold on the S&S 6speed gear set upgrade for my bike.

Oh crap! Who am I kidding, I can't afford anything right now. :banghead:

Come on MegaMillions:D
  5. fxdxsteve

fxdxsteve Active Member

I'm in the same boat I want the six speed gearset so bad I can taste it about half the time after shifting into fifth I try to shift again I'm supposed to start a new job on tuesday but had to move it back to thursday because of my cousins funeral I talked to my new boss this morning he said he wanted me there tuesday I thought about it for a couple of hours and called him back and told I wouldn't be coming to work for him after all he said ok and hung up about an hour later he called and told me thursday would be ok now I have to decide if I really want to work for someone like that it's about three more bucks an hour so I'll probably go ahead and take it but I'm not positive my mind is running in overdrive right now so I know I shouldn't make any snap decisions I thought life was gonna get easier as I got older. silly me
  6. Cracker

Cracker New Member

Hot01,
    Check this site out for pics & instructions for 95" upgrade & gear drive install HarleyHogs Lair... Loads of info on there, it helped me a whole bunch a few year back when I did my gear drive & 95" on my E Glide.

Good Luck & have fun!

Regards,
    Cracker
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

This is all great information. I really appreciate it. A lot has happened recently. I got news of an inheritance a while back but it was stalled because someone was contesting it. Now it's moving forward. I have no idea when or how much, but I'm sure it would make this a lot easier to take - or buy! I still want to do it on my own, regardless. I'm much more proud of something I do myself than something I buy.

I'm also moving. I've gone through one more round of having my heart ripped out by my ex who has lived here forever in this small town. Local hero firefighter. All of our friends are his friends first. We keep trying. It keeps going down in a ball of flames. I'm now putting my effort into getting out of NH and going west. I've been applying for lots of jobs. Maybe I'll find a place with a garage! I'll definitely be looking at American Iron. I had picked up an issue just before my trip and loved it. I'll do a lot of reading up so I'll feel confident I'm doing the right thing - with my motorcycle that is. Sorry about the "love story".

Steve, I hope the new job works out for you. Obviously they want you there, but I hate it when people start jerking you around that early in the game. Hopefully someone just temporarily had their head up their ass. Take care on your travel to your cousin's funeral.