1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

This is chilling

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

Saw this guy, the author, on Linda Vester's "Dayside" today on Fox News. Scary stuff. Think I'll stay out of Houston for a while.

"Slated for June 2004 release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Osama’s Revenge
    The Next 9/11

What the Media and the Government Haven’t Told You

Paul L. Williams

A shocking exposé on the potential for nuclear terrorism on U.S. soil

Former consultant for the FBI on organized crime and international terrorism
    and a seasoned investigative reporter, Paul Williams reveals the potential
    for nuclear terrorism on U.S. soil in this shocking exposé. Based on the
    findings of U.S., Israeli, Pakistani, and U.K. intelligence, Williams
    describes how the theft of tactical nuclear weapons from Russian arsenals
    have in all likelihood made their way to al-Qaeda cells throughout the
    United States in preparation for the next terrorist attack.

Williams presents evidence showing that, in the chaos following the
    demise of the Soviet Union, the Chechen mafia got their hands on portable
    Russian nuclear weapons. Between 1996 and 2001, they negotiated the sale
    of twenty nuclear “suitcase bombs” to representatives of Osama bin Laden.
    According to Williams, reliable sources indicate that these bombs may already
    be in the possession of al-Qaeda cells in New York, Washington, Miami,
    Chicago, Las Vegas, Houston, and Los Angeles. In addition, bin Laden has
    recruited former Soviet scientists and technicians to maintain these weapons
    and recharge their nuclear cores so that they may be deployed immediately
    on his command. In 2001, he issued a statement boasting of a “Hiroshima”
    against America.

Although the media have reported on some of these threatening developments
    and government insiders have acknowledged the threat of nuclear attack, no
    one until now has put all the pieces together in a coherent, no-nonsense
    way. Williams makes a persuasive case that Bin Laden and his deputies have
    the motive and the means and are waiting for the right opportunity to launch
    an apocalyptic attack against the “Great Satan” of America.

Paul Williams, Ph.D. (Clarks Green, PA), is a journalist and author of The
    Vatican Exposed: Money, Murder, and the Mafia among other books. Formerly,
    he served as a consultant for the FBI, editor and publisher of the Metro,
    and an adjunct professor of Humanities at the University of Scranton.

200 pages (illustrations) / ISBN 1-59102- 252-5 / Hardcover: $25

To order, call toll-free (800) 421-0351, ext. 214"
  2. SK

SK New Member

Well..I'm heading back to Las Vegas tomorrow. It seems a little far fetched to me..though I don't go near the strip much any way.
  3. chiplitfam

chiplitfam Guest

Fear Not

Hey brother bikers,
    Proverbs 21:1 says, "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he please." All things are under the Lord's sovereign control. We are all going to die someday, it matters not. What does matter is one's relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ when you do die. "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell", Matthew 10:28. Ride On!
  4. Goose

Goose New Member

But, to bastardize one of the good General's statements, I'd rather not die for my religion. I'd rather make the other dumb bastard die for his religion. :D

I'm far enough away from the big city I won't even see the glow on the horizon. But, if they really did pull something like this off, it'd be more than a little problem for my IRA balance, probably starve or freeze in the long run. :rolleyes:
  5. CD

CD Guest

Suitcase nukes

If you do a little Google research you can find all sorts of information on these both denying and not admitting it one way or the other. As early as 1997 several Russians claimed over 100 are missing. So, IF they do exist AND Osama did get some we can pretty much guess what he has in mind. The yeild is smaller naturally but the radiation will kill more than the initial blast according to one article.

I know of several people that have gone back into "survival" mentality. Keep some money, weapons and food ready to go.

Just think! If Hanoi Kerry gets elected, he will lull us to sleep and then all Hell will break loose. On the bright side, we may get lucky and wake up some die hard liberals.
  6. Goose

Goose New Member

Aside from the cash, I never left "survival mode", LOL. I've got the ammo, the fishing gear, the house paid for, just don't have the cash, LOL! My IRA will go in the tank, so I won't have much money, but I can catch or kill dinner. I sorta would like to have transportation in the form of a small sail boat or a kayak or something, though, to get across the bay, back of the bay, what not. A power boat is no good without gas in it. Hmm, maybe I'll find one if I head toward houston after the glow receeds, LOL! I can walk to the bay from here, though, so food is as close as the bay, about 150 yards. Just hope it's biting, LOL!

Anyway, I know not even Al Qaeda would waste a nuke on Port Lavaca, Texas. :rolleyes: