1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

This is Strange...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Aug 21, 2011.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Don't have any heated gear , just cloths & leathers
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Got a Nephew, that him and his wife is a doctor. They just left CAlifornia for a year in Minnosota for a year. He said the weather is nice right now.
    I'm gonna call him in a few months.

When its hot here, you ride to a resturant or a bar or Harley Dealership and cool off and go in for a hour and go back on the road.

You guys just ain't hearing when I say I work out in the sun and heat everyday. Makes a difference than sittin in a airconditioned building and going outside.
    So I git picky when I want to ride. Rode across the lake in the 102 weather yesterday and met a friend at a bar.
    Its suppose to be 102 today, -104 friday and sunday and 105 saturday, and thats not the heat index.
    We are breakin records here with the heat.
  3. cowboy

Ya were braking all kinds of heat records here :( cb is right on that it's been do hot & dry here birds Are using hot pads to pull worms from the ground :)
  4. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

hell man this building at 1 -5 stays at 117 f with the cars running in here thats with 52 inch fans running all day its hot brother in the shop! me and the guys drink on of those 5 gal jugs of water a day . i think it comes out of are skin as fast as we drink it ! this humid weather in the summer sucks down here
  5. steveb

steveb Active Member

I hear what you are saying .You are lucky to have the full year to ride so you can be more selective on the days you ride. Another 10 yrs when I retire and move south I hope to have that luxury.
  6. cardboard

I will be 61 the end of the month. Hope I'm still here in another 10 yrs and can ride.
  7. cowboy

Lol I'll be 60 at the first of sept & hope the same :)
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I'll be 62 at the end of November and am going to retire, this body hurts to much.
    CB, yesterday it got up to the high 90's here and the humidity was up to about 70%. Very rare for us but if I could have I would have been on the bike or working. Have lost so many jobs sense I got back because of the back injury I think all the Realtors will abandon me, so then I can retire and ride at least I hope I can ride. Might not be so for the most of what's left this year.
    I might take you up on a Texas trip would still love to see some of that country.
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

We can ride 12 months of the year here,
    sometimes switch to evening rides to get cooler
    temps but most often it is still hot

Pisses me off that my tires don't last
    as long as someone from a snowbelt state
  10. cardboard

HD came out with a multi thread tire for baggers in 09
    I was told the back tire is good for about 20,000 miles
    Got over 8500 on em now
  11. FLHTbiker

HRK, I got just around 11,800 miles on my rear tire while on my trip. That includes the 7,000 miles we rode and pulling my trailer. I figure that's not to bad. When I had a new tire put on it after I got back I still had a small amount of tread left but they had 50% off on labor so I took advantage of it. That new rear tire cost me 187.00 just for the tire. Good tire though I think one of the best Dunlap has made yet.
  12. steveb

steveb Active Member

That would be nice. I have an '08 with the old style tire and I have to be happy changing rear tires every 9,000 miles.
  13. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I'm in the club :gah: I'll be 60 Oct 1. I ride a lot with my father-in-law who is 75! He rides a '05 Deluxe and has reflexes like a kid! I let him lead and try to keep up! I have other club members who are in their 70's and even two who are 80 + (they won't say what the "+" stands for.) I figure we all got the miles in us IF we take care of ourselves and the good Lord don't want any of us Harley types too soon!
  14. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

LOL I was trying to be tounge in cheek regarding
    the ability to ride all year 12 months that's why
    my tires wear faster LOL

So we've gone from bad backs, to heated gear to tx travels
    to retirement age LOL
  15. FLHTbiker

You forgot this is bike talk and we do stray at times. :roflmao:

Which I think makes this place so great.:)
  16. cowboy

To think this thread started as mufflers different colors lmao yep your on bike talk alright :)
  17. cardboard

I'm really retired now
    Cept for buying another new Bike and having to pay for it.
    But this is the nicest riding bike I've ever had
    I'm really enjoying it
    When you retire don't tell anybody
    If you do everybody has somethin they need you to do
    My time is my time
    Not our time can you help since you got nothin to do
  18. FLHTbiker

Your right the limited with the 103 is a really great running bike. And if you get the right tune the mufflers on the ends will stay the right color. Rear cylinder should run a bit darker do to the heat of the rear cylinder. Most tuners as I was told do that so the rear cylinder runs a bit cooler. Now were back on track. :D
  19. cardboard

Got Fuel Moto's stainless header pipes with both 12 and 18 mm bungs.
    Have Supertrapp Stout pipes and a SE Venalator high flow air kit with the Thunder-Max.
    My pipes hasn't discolored and the bike runs good.
    He tole me to run a tank of fuel threw it and run the collect data and send the data threw the TM program to him.

Talked with Randy at Zippers yesterday and he told me they released a new map. I had map 94 in, he said to go to map 113 for better fuel milage on my bike.

And yes a Stock bike except for pipes, air kit and a tuner that runs good and has a lot of torque. That's what a lot of folks don't git. Like over 100 ft lbs of torque at 3500 rpm.
    Not to mention the new frame, new tires that git close to 20,000 on the rear tire, heated hand grips and all. Not to mention the new geared ratio tranny.
    And a oil cooler from the factory.
    There's a lot of good things on the new bikes. And they do ride better.:gah:
  20. FLHTbiker

Yep, but don't think you'll get much use out of those heated grips like I do in the winter month. By the way they work so well I have to turn em way down even on cold days. Cold is anything below 40:D
    I got good torque on mine and power just running the stage two Harley download. I'm sure if I find a really good tuner that he could tune it better but for now all is good.
    And, my pipes are not all black inside like the first tuner guy left me with. :cussing: