1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

This Looks Fun!!!!

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by JohnnyBiker, Aug 19, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I appreciate that!!! Branson wouldn't be that far out of my way for the ride home. I will have to talk to the wife about that one. I am sure she wouldn't have a problem with that. I will head that way if she doesn't want to South Dakota during Sturgis..:rolleyes:
  2. plumbertom

plumbertom Active Member

Rode that one last year except just before Mad River I turned of onto South Fork Mountain Rd and traveled the Pacific ridge north to Hwy 299.
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

man we live in the Rocky Mountains there an't no straight roads, even the interstates has some turns and curves in them.
    there's lot of good roads in lot's of places,
    Tomorrow the Pikes Peak HOG Chapter is doing their annual 5-N-1, 5 10,000 ft passes in one day.
    first bike out 5:30 am.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao:The flat landers don't understand, Mountaincruiser would thow. That sounds like a lot of fun HarleyLR :)
  5. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Us Flatlanders understand alright. Love to get into mountains whenever possible. Maybe we appreciate them even more. If that's possible.
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

You're right, Charlie. Mountain riding is greatly appreciated by this flatlander, too. I got a little taste just before I had to turn back last month.

HarleysLR, that sounds like a fun time. I have heard Pikes Peak is a challenging ride.
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

it's paved now, so it's not to bad, going up is easier than coming down. 2 weeks from tomorrow is the race up pikes peak, my son is runing sweep for the motorcycle class.