1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

This year's ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Hot01, Jul 16, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao: Red , But I've had the wife for 35 yrs now & these two grand kids about 10 years & will have them till there 18 , & with school starting next month , there goes the little extra money for there new clothes & all the rest of the stuff :banghead:
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Come on... anybody else? It won't look good if Red and I go on the trip alone. ;)
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

We'll ride alone together if we have to, as this is becoming my "Hell or High Water" trip of the year, one I just refuse to back out of. I do have a couple issues (both involve friends' health and the possible need to be there for 'em) that may interfere, but they aren't certain to...and they will be the only things I'll accept.

It'll help when you (HOT01/Abby) nail down some dates, too. I'll be standing by for that.

But you other riders, c'mon! Coronado Trail - be there or be :eek:
    :chopper:
  4. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

sounds cool but as you may be able to tell I couldn't tell you where i will be nor when i will be there, I do know that sturgis is happening wife said so, trip for/with her has been changed so much that she'll probably go without me :eek: :roflmao: but ifn im/we are around and freed up there is the possibility
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

This year for me is out but am considering a trip next year. With the housing market slow down this year the home inspections are far and few between. Having a heart attack and surgery this year has put me behind financially so we are not doing any extra things this year. At least not for me anyway. The wife is already in Arizona at some friends of ours for 3 weeks. Down their quilting with my friend Vern's wife. She just finished a bike quilt, took all of our old T-shirts and made a quit from them, looks pretty cool.
  6. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

pics, pics, pics:D
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I'll get a pic when she returns.
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  9. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Yeah! T-shirt quilts rock. Now I make t-shirt quilt clocks. It's only one shirt, but it you have a special one, it's pretty cool. :cool:
  10. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Yeah I'd like to get all my shirts together and make nice qu... WAIT WAIT WAIT!
    What the hell are we talking about!:eek::roflmao:

Let's get back to the ride. Let's start with what weeks are good? I'll try for early Sep. or even late Aug. ifn I get my bike back together next week.

I can't do late Sep since I am ending my life on Sep 27 as I explained earlier.:(
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Tom, you're worrying me. Please say that you're just being dramatic. I'm a firm believer in not getting married unless you absolutely are thrilled at the prospect of spending the rest of your life with the person. Hence the reason I'm still single after all these years.:roflmao:

Anyway, I can't go too early, but if you're going to try and come, I'll push my dates up. The earliest I could leave is after the 7th business day of the month, which will be... the 11th, but I'd probably wait until the 12th to head out.

How does that work?
  12. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Ok, If I clear it with the warden I think that weekend will work. :D

I think I will try to take Thursday Sep 11 and Friday and Monday off. That'll be about it.

And yes, I'm just kidding. I've been with Karen for 11 years off and on so I know she is it for me. Never has there been anyone in my life like her. :rolleyes:

Now it is just a matter of the route and where we should all meet.

I'm going to shut up now and let others chime in.
  13. Red Rider

Nominations for meet-up include:

1. Sanders, AZ

2. Springerville, AZ

3. Someone else's idea

It'll take most of us at least a day of riding to get to Sanders. At least 12 hours of saddle time for me.
  14. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I vote for Sanders. It's about 50 miles closer for me. I could do it in one long day or take two easy days.
  15. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Actually, I just realized that I'm going through ABQ and will probably want to stop and visit friends. Springerville is fine. Looks like that's the official start of the Coronado Trail.
  16. Red Rider

I, too, may be stopping in ABQ for the same reason. Too many variables to plan a link up there at this time, but may as well if we both end up there before the C. Trail run.
    :cheers:
  17. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I think I'm going to be able to get my friends to go for the ride too. I have to see how far the Trail is from Albuquerque.
  18. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Just a couple if inches on a map :D say hi to albuquerque for me I still have family & friends there
  19. Red Rider

C'mon, Cowboy, ride with us! Visit the relatives! I'm startin' to get stoked for this adventure, but it would be so much cooler if it were more Bike Talkers.
    :cheers:
  20. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

inlaws live in Safford

My inlaws live in Safford AZ.
    they both work for the State MAX-POKey out there. Depending on wife's health I am trying to fly her out there aorund that time. I might be able to pull it off this year. BUt OHio where I am heading from.