1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Throttle lock thumb Sw.

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by sarge7, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Chrome

Chrome New Member

The Cruise-mate works like the cruise on your car/truck.....you can grab the throttle if necessary without releasing cause its not really LOCKED.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The reason I like the Break A Way BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control
    because if you touch the front break it turns it off plus you can also touch the lever and it also flips it off.
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

With the wide range of prices that these products are offered in - ya can just about pick and chose - but for the safety end of it I think the brake kick -off would be the top of the line it's also the most expensive.
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I've used the thumbwheel one with great success. I had an electromagnetic one (push button EZ Kruse I think) but that only lasted for about a year. The main thing with any throttle lock is to use it wisely, as when there is light traffic and on open, straight and mostly level roads.

To tell the truth, I didn't even know about the thumbwheel on my bike for the first few years I had it...duh! Had I, and I wouldn't have paid the hundreds of bucks for the other one (now de-installed). Now that I've used it a bunch, I'm not even looking for another type. The thumbwheel works for me.