1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Thundermax replacement

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by vdf3, Feb 20, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Would look in the future for a cast aluminum wheel instead of spokes and git it and git ride of the spokes.
  2. cardboard

When you install the tmax, configure it to allow max changes per session vice the default 20% @ 5 % per session and it will learn with fewer on/off cycles.....I set mine to 25% and 10% and it only took a full day of riding with several stops for gas. piss and pepsi to get her done...then follow up with "read off sets", then "write off sets to module" and you are good to go for another 25% and 10% per session.
  3. vdf3

vdf3 New Member

Still just working on small 10 mile trips, I want to run a few tanks through it before I mess with it. It does seem a little fast at idle.

It does run better and I want to up the rev limit, it still feels like it has more pull and then the limit kicks in. I think I will install a RPM gauge before I do any real tinkering with the computer.

I wanted to put a lowrider dash on but thinking of just going with a riser mounted one. Now can not decide between analog or digital.

Anyway thanks for all the info and help. The upgrades are a coming.
  4. duke76

duke76 New Member

I turned my idle down 25 rpms from the original map, just dont turn it down to much that you dont have good oil pressure or it isnt charging good, then it will really start to act goofy, resist the temptation to turn it down really low just to have the thumpy idle, Todd
  5. cardboard

Fuel injected bikes normally idle from 12-1400 when they are cold at Idle. They shouldn't be idled no lower than 1000 rpm's. When the bike warms up you will probaly notise it idle down some.
    As long as you did the initialization , and let it idle till 285*, you can just ride the bike and vary yer speeds and the bike will do everything itself.
    Make sure the Closed loop is checked.

Yep you should notise more pull with the TM, it will give you more HP and TQ,
    I sold the one I took off my 07 Wide Glide and installed it on my buddy's Deuce. That is the 1st thing he said, I can notise it pulls harder. I don't have to downshift as often cause the bike will pull.
    The TM A/T is a great unit.
  6. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

any one herd if the Thundermax is out yet for 08 models and 09's???Or just still jerking us around!!..lol
  7. cardboard

I'm on a customer waitin list, Got 2 of them on order, they told me they have a workin unit, when I talked to them 3 weeks ago they said June.
  8. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

lol.....thanks for the update. I think they will tell us a new story in June...Maybe the working unit has more Bugs and look for it in August?....lol..
  9. cardboard

So how is the Thundermax treating you so far ?:D