1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tire change cost

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by kickstand68, Dec 6, 2015.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

tires ain't pretty, or cheap,
    kickstand68 likes this.
  2. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

Still stand by if the job was done right the cost was not crazy. I work in auto repair, self employed 40 years now. Person walks into my shop, says they have the parts, how much for the labor??? I am blessed with to much work so on a nice day I explain that parts are some of my overhead and would add a surcharge. On a bad day I would point to the door. Many people do not have a clue on the overhead of a registered/insured shop of any kind that you can return to. Shame on people that want too much for little.
  3. hotroadking

Have a friend with s motorcycle shop. His insurance per year is in the low 5 figure range, and he's lucky he can even get it

It costs him a grand d month in ins just to open the doors

Small business is tough remember that when you shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

Many people that work for a large corp or a municipality would be shocked by the overhead of a small business. It all adds up.
  5. hotroadking

Most of those folks don't realize they are overhead lol
  6. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm crazy, but I try to split my spending a bit. Have a few "toys", get some repairs done with a couple local guys I trust, and spend some at the dealer in parts. One local guy prefers you supply your own parts so he does not have to chase all over town for them himself. He tells you what he needs to do the job, he starts repairs once you provide for him.
    Wife hates that I don't even do online banking if I can avoid it. Just another excuse for the branches to get closed and unemployed tellers needing my tax dollars to survive... See, I said I'm crazy!LOL!
  7. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

My spending is more of a spread than a split, a split would sound like I get a cut .;)
    I get most of my bike parts from the local dealer or Indy and don't mind paying a little extra to support local business. Either the Indy installs them,or I do,dealer rate is a little too rich for me.
    My rant was about tires only,not parts and/or labor. Dealer prices on tires here aren't fair,again I'm talking local...Way back to the OP, his prices were fair and he didn't get ripped off by the dealer.

It was ATMs(titless tellers) that cut bank teller jobs more than online banking did IMO and the banks having 6 wickets but only 1 or 2 staffed,you know because banks are barley making it:rolleyes: