1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Today's cold ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by FLHTbiker, Jan 28, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Thanks,
    Its gonna be my 27th anniversary or something like that. I got to ride her somewhere for 3 days to have a good time.
  2. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

And by the way, nice temps today but pouring down raining, story of my life, get a day off with nothing particular to do and its freeking raining:(
  3. cardboard

You got what we had last nite and this mornin. We went from a drought and the lake very, very low. To over 15" of rain in like 5 weeks or less and everything floating and super saturated and soaked.
    The lake went from about 7' low to over flood stage in 5 weeks.
    They have had all the gates on the dam open and millions of gallon of water flowing downstream.
    And its still 50% chance of rain tomorrow.
    We got no place for the rain.
  4. bguillory66

Well its Mardi Gras season around the corner, ya'll could probably find some fun, some of the smaller Cajun towns like Mamou pass a good time with the old traditions of Mardi Gras like trail rides and chicken runs, its funny to see the drunks try to stay on their horse when they get back to town from drinking all day:roflmao:
  5. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Looking at your photo CB, the air and sky looks hot and muggy already. Do you ever see a blue sky there? Here's a typical Colorado sky, hardly ever rains here.

Attached Files:

6. cardboard

We've had a year of blue sky's and Hardly no rain.

Well we've had over 9" of rain this week. How do you calculate that after a record drought.
    All I can say if the lake was 7' low 5 weeks ago. It started rainin and with the help of the water from Dallas the lake is at Flood stage.
    Some folks have been running their boats and we've been gettin some work
    I'm happy with that.
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Here is what we were seeing today. Not my photo but this was the view

Attached Files:

8. cardboard

Look at my signature picture. That's what I see everyday.
    I live inbetween two houses that are on the water. I am about 225' from the water.
    I'm a REdneck river rat. Not a mountain man.
    I like being and living around the water.
    MY wife grew up in the rocky mountains. Now you can't take her away from the water. It has grown on her.
  9. FLHTbiker

Man we have so many lakes and rivers here I couldn't even begin to explain it to you.
  10. cardboard

I left Alabama lookin for a job and could of went anywhere I wanted to live.
    I had somebody in the family to get me a job here.
    I came to Texas when I was 34 yrs old. Got a good job, made dicent money.
    Started a business, sent my wife to The University of Houston where she got two degrees. Could of moved anywhere.
    I choose to move to Livingston and live. I like the small community. And like fishin this lake.
    Made a lot f fiends here and Run into chucktx again.
    No place anywhere can replace Texas to me.
    I will ride a lot of places and see a lot of thing.
    But we got year round riding and I got family and friends here.
    My son is still back home in Alabama. He came out here for 3 yrs and went back to Alabama
    He will not leave there
  11. FLHTbiker

That's like it is here for me just as it is for many folks around the country where they live. It's where you put your roots, that's home.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  12. cardboard

Also like living real close to Louisiana, like going there to gamble or eat. And I got a friend there. And hope to meet Bguilory.
    I like the Piney Woods man..
    I like the crawfish eatin. Like all the seafood. Like going to Lousiana to eat cajun food.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the wet Deck where we ate this is on the water of the lake I live on
    Had some good mudbugs with friends and family.
    Had a real nice time.
    And mudbugs will be back in season soon.
    Hope Chucktx will go eat some with me.
  13. FLHTbiker

But what you dont understand is everybody has there own living where they live and like where there at just like you. :rolleyes:
  14. cardboard

Everybody can't live in Texas. And everybody can't live in my back yard.
    I live in the country and I like it.
    Like being able to call Chucktx and ride down to his pad.
    My wife would not leave here either. She came to Texas when I came to texas.
    Her bother introduced me to her.
  15. alex the dog

Yea, I love Cajun food, but can't find it around here. This here is big game and elk steak country. Also buffalo (much tastier than beef). When I lived in Richardson, TX, all I ever ate was Mexican food. When I lived in Boston, I ate seafood every day.
  16. cardboard

Yep !
    Another reason I will not go anywhere.
  17. bguillory66

Like FLTH says, most peope stay where there roots are and love their paart of the country. All areas have their good and bad points, and the ones who don't like where they live usually find a way to move elsewhere if they can. America is a beautiful country from coast to coast. I love living in Louisiana, love the culture, and love the food. I was born here and God willing I'll die here. I can probably count the times I have left the state on one hand, except Texas of course, its only 30 minutes or less from the house. I enjoy seeing everyones pics of the area they live in, there are beautiful places in this country as I said. I respect the fact they have pride in the area they live.:D
  18. cardboard

I was born and raised in B'ham, Alabama
    Like the place
    Don't like poor paying jobs. State income taxes.

The folks there are Plenty predjuice. I have relaxed some on it since I left.

And the Baptist knockin on my doors asking for money or driving their ways down my throat.
    I grew up Baptist threw my parents, but don't agree with the ways of the Baptist.
  19. alex the dog

Don't condemn people for preaching. That's their mission in life (to save you). If you don't want to hear it--don't listen, or just thank them and walk away.

When I was working, the company kept me moving every 2 years. Got to see the whole country and even some of Europe over 32 years. Living in England for 2 years, I didn't even own a car, just my motorcycle, and I saw a lot more on my bike.

I enjoyed eating all the regional food and listening to folks talk when they heard I wasn't from around there. You will always have a friend if you simply show them a little courtesy and interest in their country. Best places I found to listen to stories was in the pubs of small villages. People love to talk about their life, and they will love you if you just listen.

In the big cities, they won't like you (cuz you're an American) but that's OK. Show your enemies kindness, and "you will heap burning coals on their heads".
  20. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Amen bro.