1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Today's cold ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by FLHTbiker, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

If it were up to me only I'd be in Az. Worked there a lot in past job. Kids are there. The wife wants beaches, waves and all. Summer when she is off work she is a beach bunny. Sitting and reading and walking. When I first took her to AZ she said she'd really miss the beaches. I said "look around there's beach everywhere here. For as far as you can see. There just ain't any water". " Give it time. CA will soon fall into the Pacific then we'll have shore property in Tucsan!" I love Long Island but all our money goes to living here. Won't be able to retire here just as my four sons can't afford to live here. A few more years and she'll be retired then some place else for us.
  2. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

That's a good plan Fatboy, but you may have to revise your destination. The Pacific Continental Plate runs all the way to Colorado, where it is crushing against the Mid-Continental Plate (Rocky Mtns.). We call it the Continental Divide. Everything WEST of the Continental Divide, or Rocky Mtns, will be underwater when the big quake happens. I will be sitting on the new shore-line. It really is just a matter of time.