1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 2, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea, poor guy :)
  2. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Somebody has to keep him in line. It's hard work! :witsend::roflmao:
  3. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Thanks for the snow FLHT. Weather girl said this system is coming from the Pacific Northwest full of water. Woke up to 5" this morn, and already up to 10" by noon. Coming down so hard, can't even see my mailbox!
  4. alex the dog

Johnny, it's good that you let the ladies of the house suggest what to wear. You look clean and sharp--employers will love you today.

I cleaned and polished my baby all day yesterday (hadn't washed it since last November) and she's sitting in the garage today crying. Going nowhere with all that white stuff on the ground.
  5. FLHTbiker

:D Well so far all these clouds went right over me with no rain, :)
  6. FLHTbiker

Hot Rider, got him turned around for you on your post so we don't have to tip the computer on its side to see him, :)
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

good luck jb!!!!!
  8. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Thanks Chucktx and everyone. I think that it went well. Have to check the email and see if there have been any hits....:D
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Hope all goes well for you & yours , good luck :D
  10. JohnnyBiker

Today I put about 200 miles on...I went to a HD dealer to go look at a 1980 SHovelhead.. I took MN HWY 15 north, took right onto U.S. 12, then left on MN 25 north, then right on U.S. 10.

When I was in a town called Montecello, I happened to get pulled over by a state trooper..:fight: And for what??? Because the dumbasss can't read a side mounted license plate..:gah: Just got a warning though.. Got to the dealership and it was the worst dealership that I have ever been to...

It was really windy today, probably about 25 mph winds. My average speed was probably about 62, but there were a few occasions that I had it up to 90! Man, do those pipes bark at that speed.. :D
  11. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Good for you, glad you could get out for a while, :cool:
  12. alex the dog

Glad to see you're out and about Johnny. Problem is, the Law is also out looking for revenue, and bikers are their favorite donor. Best not to attract their attention for any reason, or you'll be buying their lunch for awhile.

Did he question your pipes lack of D.O.T. certification and compliance?

These pics are from a couple days ago coming home from a rally in New Mexico. Collegiate Peaks mountains (from about 50 miles away)where I live, and a big smokestack (500' high) close to home that was used as a gold smelter.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  13. JohnnyBiker

No he didn't ask about my pipes...I was surprised that he didn't... not really.. MN is pretty lenient with things like that, except of course if you are tearing the town up a lot....
  14. JohnnyBiker

BRB guys, I suppose that I need to go the DMV and check into this warning that I got....:gah::banghead:
  15. cowboy

A warning is just that , you shound'nt have to see into it
  16. JohnnyBiker

What a mess I tell ya... I went to the DMV to get this taken care of. First they didn't even know what I was talking about. Finally I got them to understand what was happening...:witsend: Then I had to wait for like 10 min while the lady figured out which application that I needed..:wtf: OK, so finally we got that straightened then she told me that it was going to $13 for the new plate... No big deal... Well I had to take the application home as I needed the plate numbers and some other information... Got that filled out but needed the wife to take it back as I was busy.... She comes back from the DMV just cussing.. She says, "I have no idea who told you $13, the plates are $100!" :gah: I about had a heart attack......:witsend:
  17. cowboy

so just what did you get the ticket / warning for ?
  18. JohnnyBiker

The numbers and letters on m plate read from the bottom of the plate going up instead of them reading down...:wtf::witsend:
  19. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Oyyyy! Got back from Arizona past Monday. HVAC boss I "Day Labor" for occaisionally when he has installations and needs some muscle and two more hands calls. I've been working 14 hr days all week. Got to work again today. Haven't been on my scoot since 2 Mondays ago. Thank god I had a day ride in AZ. Tomorrow morn leaving for the Americade Rally in Lake George, NY. I really need it now! I hope the sore muscles get worked out on the hog.
  20. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

can't you just turn the plate around so it reads from top down?