1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 2, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Most of the time that is without choice.... Remember that one!!:rant::banghead:
  2. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Don't tell lies Johnny, don't tell lies!! :gah::roflmao:
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I'm glad that those years are over, :rolleyes: time for mom and dad to have fun now and when I go visit the grandkids and the daughters husband starts acting like a jerk (more often than not, frigging OB lover:puke:) we can leave and go have fun riding and enjoying. :D
  4. JohnnyBiker

Says who that they are lies????:gah:
  5. JohnnyBiker

Yeah it would be nice to be able to that but I have learned that if I want to do something fun, I have to get everyone involved otherwise it seems like it is incomplete. When I started my Sportster project one of my intentions was to get HR involved so I can spend time with her. Well that worked. Now it is time to get the kids involved so we can hang out together more as well.:D
  6. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Husbands can be soooo difficult!! GGGGRRRRRR! :eek:
  7. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Do I really have to answer this? :confused:
  8. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

With that many responsibilities, you need a live-in nanny or very loving grandparents nearby. How about a kindly old uncle--I'm available.

I missed out on having kids and regret that a lot. Now-a-days, I ride alone mostly thinking about all the "could've and should'ves", but still enjoying what I DO have. I teach 7-12 year old kids in Sunday school, and enjoy this time as the very best part of my week.

I don't need to say this Johnny, as I'm sure you already know, but you are a very lucky man.

And, HotRider, never take this very good man for granted.
  9. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I won't take JB for granted, he's a teddy bear, just difficult at times!! Kids are great, I deal with my kids and yet do daycare all day so I get my fill of children.
  10. alex the dog

Well said brother. Visiting family on a m/c is one of life's most heartening joys (for me anyway). You already have a destination, hopefully a fair bit of time, and young-uns ready to play with.

I have seven brothers and sisters around the country to go visit. Their kids are all grown, but they always bring their kids for me to enjoy, and I do. I also remember to not get involved in parenting or politics.

See, Uncle Alex doesn't have it sooo bad.
  11. alex the dog

Husbands ARE difficult at times, but how boring would life be without someone to keep you on your toes.

Sounds like you two should take a m/c get-away for a few days. I know, that kind of time is a luxury right now, but you deserve it once in awhile. And it allows you to appreciate your daily routines when you're recharged.

Hey, I have a famous uncle in Collegeville, MN that I need to visit. If it's in the neighborhood........
  12. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

You would be like 60 minutes from us. You'll have to let us know when you visit because we could always ride our bikes and meet in St. Cloud.

Well, as far as keeping me on my toes, I do the same to JB, not always the nicest person to live with.
  13. alex the dog

Ouch! Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers today, although I think I may have a knack for doing that.

I will be visiting my uncle John in mid-June after his school lets out for summer. 60 minutes away is nothing.

Attached Files:

14. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

LOL! You didn't ruffle any feathers, I tend to ruffle other peoples feathers too, so I just go with the flow sometimes! That's awesome, you'll have to let us know what days u want to meet up so than I can close for the day.
  15. JohnnyBiker

How long will you be visiting?
  16. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao: This topic is Todays Ride, :roflmao: this is more like a continuing soap opera, man you two need to get out and go for a ride. :roflmao:
  17. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I would but my bike is at the doc right now!!! I wish I had it here because I would so be gone, right after work that is! I might have to take the bicycle and put cards on the back tire and pretend that I'm riding a motorcycle. :D
  18. JohnnyBiker

I just went to go put air in my tire but I can't because the stem wants to sink so I can't put air in it! :banghead:

Oh, BTW,:hijacked::roflmao:
  19. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I could totally take this subject down south but I think I better behave ;)
  20. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

yeah that was a soft pitch, just hanging on the outside corner waiting on a hit out of the park

JB, that bike has been sitting there for months and you haven't gone out, checked the tires, etc, tsk tsk......