1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 2, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Should I take a needle nose to hold the air stem so I can put air in it? The tire is flat enough to the point that I can see the inner edge of the rim?
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

you could, plyers fingers whatever to get the stem back up in the hole....
  3. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I'm just stopping there for 2-3 days (June 16-18) on my way up to Lake of the Woods (Kenora) Ontario to visit an old friend from Viet Nam days.

The last time I went through that area was when the Republican Convention was going on in Mpls. in '08. What a mad-house that place was! Hope there are no major events going on there in June. I'd like to see those kids, so will give you a call when there (you must supply info).

Johnny, here's a thought: how about a sidecar for the Sporty. That way you can take the whole family out for a ride together.

OK, back to painting. Talk later.
  4. JohnnyBiker

Yes I can PM you the information that you need. I will send email and phone. Not so sure about the sidecar though. :cool:
  5. JohnnyBiker

I got the stem to stay and have air in it. I went and got a stem torque tool to see if the valve was loose. I was able to tighten it some so now I see if it will hold air. I put some soapy water around and on top of the stem and I didn't happen to any bubbling so I am not sure what is going on.
  6. JohnnyBiker

Well, today I got the Harley out and had a ride. It was so nice to have the wind back in my face. I was able to see the tube and it did have a pretty small hole in it. I guess it rolled a little then pinched, I am getting used this riding in cold weather, heck, maybe I will do it all the time. Supposed to get a snow storm this week and then be all gone by friday....:banghead: maybe I will have a nother chance to ride yet this week? Who knows.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Damn more snow ? :eek: have you had any flooding yet form it melting ?
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:wtf: It ain't melting they just keep pilling it up
  9. JohnnyBiker

There is some standing water in the ditches and in some fields. I don't think that the flooding is as bad as they thought it would be because it has stayed cooler so the snow didn't melt as fast, rivers were able to sweep it away fast enough. Still the river here in town did crest over the bank but not as bad as last year. In other areas the flooding was pretty bad.
  10. alex the dog

I wouldn't be so sure about not flooding Johnny. The Rockies are still loaded with above-normal deep snow. When the temps stay warm for a week or more, that's when the trouble starts.....then lookout below.
  11. JohnnyBiker

I am just speaking for around here.
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep just wate & see hope it don't , or you'll be putting pontoons on your ride
  13. FLHTbiker

He could put paddles on the rear tire but put big enough pontoons on it wouldn't want those boots getting wet. :roflmao:
  14. JohnnyBiker

So far the weather has missed us. I am considering taking the scooter to work if it misses, but that is a gutsy thing to do around here. :roflmao:
  15. FLHTbiker

I took the Springer out today, was about 58 and really nice.
  16. JohnnyBiker

back feeling better??
  17. FLHTbiker

Today was the first time on the bike in a long tome. Still taking 4 Aleve a day but still hurts. Well time go go do my second set of exercises. :rolleyes:
  18. alex the dog

It snowed TWICE here today and still no bugs.
  19. FLHTbiker

I think our snow is over for the year. Our chapter is riding to the Portland Race Track this Saturday. They have run the Indy cars and Nascar Trucks on it plus a lot of race bikes. Were going to be allowed to take our bikes out on the track behind a pro :rolleyes: dang probably spoil all the fun. I guess there going going to have a Harley 1200 race their that day also. Should be fun, just hope the back holds up.
  20. alex the dog

Are you taking the Ultra out on the track? That will be a blast....provided they don't have someone in the front holding down your speed.

I took a ride on a lonesome road called "the Gun-barrel Hwy" last week, and ran mine wide open just to see what top-end was. Not another car in sight for hours, but only made it to 120. I figured that wasn't bad considering it was at 9,500 elevation.

Hope your back is up for the ride Saturday. Sometimes when the pain is intense, I've had to take extra naproxen sooner than the 12 hour period.