1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 2, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yep, there going to have a guy in front which will take the fun away. I would love to get on this track and run it wide open.

Here is a map of the track. By the way they have one of the largest old car parts swap meets around the track every year.

Attached Files:

2. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

That looks like a beautiful track! Nothing like that out here, so we have to do "road tests" on remote highways and mountain passes. Cottonwood Pass goes right by my house and climbs to 12,400' and is a nicely paved road.

Attached Files:

3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

nice pics and a very beautiful place............thanks!
  4. FLHTbiker

Nice pics, we have lots of roads in Oregon thast are great riding. Bear Tooth Pass is another favorite of mine going from Wyoming down to Redlodge in Montana.

Attached Files:

5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

You guys haven't ridden until you've ridden the BQE (Brooklyn Queens Expressway). Lots of twisties around the pot holes, trucks, car parts, bodies, discarded condoms (Coney Island Whitefish) andother neat things!
  6. chucktx

:roflmao:
  7. FLHTbiker

:roflmao: I'm glad I live out west
  8. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Last night Hot Rider and I went out for a ride. It was a little cold again, but I guess I am not going to let that stop me from riding. That is what my leathers are for. Anyways, it wasn't a long ride, about 50 miles through some twisty roads. I let HR lead through the twist's and she was going through them pretty good. An average speed of 65 and some of them were kind of tight. The sun started to go down then it got a bit cold. Woke this morning and there was a little bit of frost on the ground. :D
  9. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

It was getting kinda cold by the time we came back into town, but it was fun!!
  10. FLHTbiker

A little bit of frost is better than snow. :) Get heated gear, cold weather won't bother you anymore.
  11. chucktx

glad y'all had a good,safe ride............
  12. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

That might have to be an option since you never know what kind of weather we are going to have in Minnesota.
  13. alex the dog

Yesterday, it was the same here. Started off sunny and warm, so I took a little ride and did some errands around town (can't beat 50 mpg). I had my chores done and went down the road awhile until it got cloudy and started to snow. Temp was still in the 50's, but I guess that's what Spring is--unpredictable.

I think MN has a much more severe winter than we do here. You guys are tough!
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Darn that sounds like driving around Houston :eek:guess that why I don't go there unless I have to I was in My Kenworth one night going to get my trailer & rainning little curve in rode & there a body right in the middle of my lane I missed it , cop behind me did'nt I stop & talked to the cops they said he was dead already looked around &his shoe was about 50ft away someone else hit Him & just left him lay
  15. JohnnyBiker

When we were at the dealer picking up Cowboy's harness I looked at some heated clothing. I didn't think that they were too bad for price. If that is something you are interested in, let me know and we can go take a closer look.:D I am getting to the point that I all I want to is ride because I am getting tired of waiting for decent weather. Yeah, JB is growing some gonads!!:D:roflmao::wtf:
  16. FLHTbiker

After yesterdays rain and hail storms today is all sunshine. Gonna be a high of around a whopping 63 today but tomorrow is looking to shape up to be the first 70* day of the year.....time to do some riding.:D
  17. JohnnyBiker

:rant::rant:
  18. alex the dog

Having big-uns doesn't keep the cold away. It just means you end up walking with a limp.

I love my heated liners. Got mine (TourMaster) from Competition Accessories. Makes a long winter/spring-time ride actually enjoyable. For years I thought freezing my cajones on winter rides was what being a biker was about. Now I just smile and keep riding, unless there's a good-looking reason to stop.
  19. FLHTbiker

Went for a long ride today. Left just after noon (waited for 55 Temp) got up to 62-65 and got back this evening at 8 PM. Course didn't spend the whole time riding, meant up with a friend and after riding a few hundred miles, wound up at the Echo Tavern for some suds. :D

Going out tomorrow to go to the race trace, not to enthused cause they have to lead you around the track. :rolleyes:
  20. alex the dog

There ya go. That is a good, brief description of retirement to come.

When you get out on the track and have to pass the guy up front, tell him you couldn't slow down because of "unintended acceleration" due to Toyota Syndrome.