1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 2, 2011.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

2. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Don't know what that means. Tommy in Florida, you can gloat today. While you are enjoying 85 f., I am looking out the window at a raging blizzard.

Today is a good day to watch Old Western's while the fireplace is crackling. Happy Easter everyone. Remember--He is risen!
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Gonna take my ride tomorrow - sittin here today - suns out it's 69 deg and no rain - tomorrow thru tue forecast says heavy t-storms but Blu and I are headed to florida unless it starts snowing. Weatherman says I should run out of the bad weather somewhere around the Tn,Al Line so that means about 10 hours of crap before I hit sunshine.:banghead:
  4. alex the dog

I envy you Sarge. It was about 60f. here yesterday, but now there is at least 6" of the white stuff and still snowing. Strangely it's 40 degrees, so I don't think this snow will hang around.

Are you heading out on Easter Sunday? I see the forecast is rain for most of the country for a couple days, so I hope you have some good rain gear. Just keep thinking about those warm, sandy beaches ahead and keep smiling. Take care.
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Man was it hot hear today. We was sweating and peeling cloths off. Got up to 74*. Went out and did the race trace today and man that was a rush, no one holding us back. Will post in a new with pics when they come available. I will say this I think my Ultra is broken in now:D
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

yep, this morning I woke up with blazing sunshine and whole whopping 34*. I am going to take the scooter to work as I am tire of seeing it just sit in the garage. This is going to be cold but I do not care. :D
  7. FLHTbiker

To bad you never invested in heated gear, makes the ride way more enjoyable.
  8. FLHTbiker

:gah: After such a beautiful day yesterday, today its raining. Must be because I washed the bike after yesterday at the race track then I waxed it :gah: Oh well will make it more tolerable when we go to my brothers church with him and his wife for a easter service. :rolleyes: If the sun was out I would be riding. :)
  9. JohnnyBiker

I am really starting to consider it. I am thinking about riding to the dealership sometime this week to take a look see.

It was actually a really nice ride into work this morning. I must say, my scooter does not like to be under 60 mph at all. :cool: I took a way that is my favorite for my ride to work and it is fairly twisted for about 5 miles. Was going about 75 through the turns. :D The ride home was really nice as well but took the boring way since it is dark out, still, my scoot like to be at about 65-70.
  10. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

:eek: Speeding, speeding, speeding!!! That can get expensive!!! :D
  11. JohnnyBiker

Really Really Really? I guess it is same thing when someone speeds in the cage huh???:wtf:
  12. alex the dog

Now now...... I'm the same way Johnny. On my bike I'm much more focused though, but I just can't do the speed limit. I always say "that's why we're riding motorcycles--not motorhomes!" I use a radar detector at all times, and am thinking about one of those TPS radar jammers.

HotRider is right though....and you have that beautiful family to come back safely to.
  13. JohnnyBiker

It is not one of those days.....:rant::rant: I don't ride like that unless I am familiar with the roads that I am on. Have to some fun.
  14. JohnnyBiker

Well, today I am going to clean up the scooter and go for a ride so I can get some gaskets for the carb so I can install the V-Ductor. It is a bright and sunny morning with temps at 45* at the moment. I looked at the forecast for the week and it isn't supposed to get above 65* and very little rain. I think that I am going to be enjoying the next few weeks. BTW, it is supposed to be about 65 today, I can handle that. :D
  15. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

No need to make me jealous!!! I'll just be working and finishing homework thinking about how nice it would be riding! :cool:
  16. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao:
  17. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

hot yesterday hit 91
    phew..

but that storm front that hit bama went though
    and it's in the 80's today...
  18. FLHTbiker

Going to be 70 here on Sunday and upper 70's next week :cool:
  19. alex the dog

Did our first group ride of the season yesterday. It was only 32f when we met at 9AM, so electric liners were necessary for awhile. Stopped for pie and coffee at the Broken Arrow in Howard, then rode through Big Horn Canyon to the little ranching town of Westcliff.

Saw several big-horn sheep stuck to the side of the mountain watching us (they really defy gravity). On to the town of Florence, home of the Federal "Super Max". This is where Charlie Manson, the Uni-bomber, Ted Bundy, and other notables live in modern luxury at our expense. A few miles down the road, watched a big black bear run right in front of us.

Continued on to Canon City for a late Mexican lunch at Old Mission Inn: hot tomales! and some cold cervezas. 70f and we're peeling off all our duds. Rolled over the Royal Gorge (world's highest bridge @ 5,000' above the river below) and took the windy Hwy 9 to Guffey and Cripple Creek. Gambled there and lost my $20 (big spender) on the slot machines, had another ice-cold Tres X to sooth those barking hot tamales from lunch. Saw many bikes and maybe 20 cars on the road all day.

300 miles and 10 hours later, we cruised into our sleepy little town fat and happy after a wonderful day. Next Thursday: same time --diff. route. Ain't life grand!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  20. alex the dog

Thursday's ride.

Attached Files: