1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays ride,,

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by chucktx, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Snow, snow, snow, and more snow. :rant:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sorry, sorry, and more sorry.....:(
    spring is on the way.....and riding them mountian roads will make the wait worth it!!!!!
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

If I didn't need to be at my job right now, I'd fly down to TX and rent a bike. I've done that a few winters around February. Gone to Florida, New Orleans and Las Vegas for a couple of days just to ride. Hmm, maybe I'll look into a long weekend somewhere. One day off wouldn't hurt. Usually when I go, the locals think it's cold, but anything above 45 is ridable.
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Was planning a ride to Reno today, but awoke to about 1.5" of snow. Since it is s'posed to get to 48 today, I still may be able to go. Only when the ice is there under the snow do I give it up. Or in the single digits. Or if my driveway is so soggy I can't get out....which it is pretty soggy. We've had ab0ver 2" of precipitation in the last month and a half, and that is almost half our annual rainfall. I guess the latest drought is over.
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I've been runnin the air conditioner in the house, and all I hear is snow.
  6. HAMSHOG

HAMSHOG New Member

Another sunny day. 68 degrees. About 43 this morning on the way to work. A group is riding to Quartzite, AZ on Sunday to check out the swap meet. Should be around 70 degrees and sunny. Just another So. Cal. day in paradise!!!:D
  7. Goose

Goose New Member

I would say I've been riding most every day lately, but I don't wanna bite anybody. :D Beautiful down here today, near 70 degrees and bright, bright sunshine. I rode around down a bit, but the family is all sick, so they're depending on me to bring 'em orange juice, actifed, etc, and I have to make something for supper while baby sitting the grand daughter. I feel like just heading out for south Padre and letting them fend for themselves. :banghead:
  8. SK

SK New Member

Back from snowy Colorado for two days and went riding in almost 60º sunny weather here in Las Vegas. Felt good to crank it up..though only went to Albertsons to grocery shop 5 miles away. Forgot my wallet, so road 20 miles. Thinking of riding out into Death Valley again soon. Such a great ride with cooler temps this time of year (been out there when it's 120º on a bike and it's not fun..opposite of the chill factor in the faster you go the hotter it is).

Abby..sorry we couldn't connect..damn storm. Let me know if you decide to come ride in Las Vegas for a break. I'll be back in Colorado probably in March to ski some more.
  9. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like you need a second toy..... I hear that Arctic Cat makes a nice snowmobile....then you would have a toy for summer AND a toy for winter!!!:D
  10. chucktx

i am not sure if these have been posted before....but they are some pretty sweet ways to get around in the snow!!!!!

Attached Files:

11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

i havent been able to ride ,& with all this good weather going to try to get out one last time before going under the knife next week , cause I'll be down for a few week;s
  12. Goose

Goose New Member

Well, ya know, I've never seen one of those things in the flesh, really! Now, we COULD talk jet skis. :roflmao: Need to take the boat out to catch some specs while we have this pretty weather, between the gail forced winds that is. Front after front, you get about five minutes of calm water on the bay. That's my one gripe about the weather today...:gah: There, hope that made the snowbound a little happier about their situations. :roflmao: Now, then, I gotta go.....:biker: :p

Good luck, Cowboy.
  13. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I had a great conversation with the service guy at the dealership. They're waiting on one more part, but he did say that when it gets done, they'll keep it there for the winter, but anytime it's nice down there and I want to come ride it I can. So it'll be like my winter garage. I don't know about you guys' experience, but I could not imagine any other dealership I've dealt with being so decent. I love these guys!
  14. chucktx

sounds like a great dealership.....be sure to take fresh baked goods to em.....they may even store it for free!!!!!!!!:)
  15. FriendGregory

FriendGregory New Member

I rode to the ATM to get the wife some cash, came home, decided that I should put on gloves or hand lotion because the skin was starting to look like scales and when back out. Funny thing, my hands no longer felt like they were freezing cold with just lotion. I spent about 2 hours puttering all around Standford University and the surrounding hills. The roads were slippery where the water collects and diebre churns and rots. I think there must be oil and or moss in there. CA roads are pretty crappy that this kind of problem is even in the middle of many roads. I did feel a little bit of slippage here and there but, I just made sure I had plenty of stopping room. I found another park that I will drag my son to, lots of girls wandering around. A cold but good day of riding.
  16. chucktx

so, ya trying to get the son to move out!!!!:D takin him to the parks with all the womens!!!!!!:roflmao:
  17. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ain't palo alto just south of San francico got to show the boy what woman are all about:roflmao:
  18. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

San Francisco? Down in that area are you sure there women :eek: :rolleyes:
  19. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Rode up 356 to 19 and went west to fm980 and went north on 980 to 2821 to 45 north to 1696 and went west to 39 and went south to 244 and went to Carlos, Tx, to Yankee's. They had about 45 bikes there. Great burgers, good fries and good onion rings.
    Left there and went to college station and back home. Great 250 mile ride today. Went by the Hilltop on the way home.

Yankee's in Carlos, Tx.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u300/cardboard56/01-12-08_1323_edited.jpg
  20. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

As far as snow goes, when I lived in Co, I remember LOTS of that white sh*t.....We had 3 feet one day and another 3 feet the next. Then in the summer it was hot as balls! The scenery was nice but the weather sucked I thought. I lived in Littleton, about 15 miles southwest of Denver, I could see Red Rocks from my back yard. Man, that was a long time ago......