1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays ride,,

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by chucktx, Jan 5, 2008.

1. FriendGregory

FriendGregory New Member

Hey Chuck, ever heard of chum?!!! 8 years old and cute and often bold.

Yea cowboy near SF but, you do understand that there are many beautiful women looking for a straight guy in SF. I you are too handsome = *** and they move on. Going around with your son = they hope your free.

Yea FLHTbiker, fake ones do not wiggle like that.

Um, if my wife ask, we went there to play some ball.:cool:
  2. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

3. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Yeah... Ditto... (Huh???)... Finally got a chance to ride yesterday... Got the clutch together and my wife and I did about 65-70 miles on her and then stopped at H-D to get our DOT helmets. Yeah had a change in the law... We're gonna get our helmets air brushed... I'm thinking of an American flag with each branch of service placard on it. Served in the Army from 77-82. My wife wants an Americam flag with "Helmet laws F%#@&*g suck" on it... Got a friend whose gonna hook us up with the art work...:)
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Man Please !

With winter and all this cold, rain, and blowing wind, I've only managed to put 5000 miles in 3 months on my 08 FLHT.
    I was hoping to git a little more ridin than this in. I need to git my new bike broke in. :cheers:
  5. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Wish I could say the same..... between working full time, full time college, a honey do list that NEVER ends, home projects that NEED to get finished up, and a 7 year old daughter, I don't think that I have really done any pleasure rides since Sturgis this last August!!! Trolling home to work and such, but no GOOD rides.....maybe sometime soon will just MAKE a day and hang the rest.
  6. cardboard

Bought a old house 13yrs ago. Was remodling it and the wife cut me off money so I haven't done anything since. My priority is riding 1st. Everything else can wait till I'm in the mood. I may not git in the mood soon either.
    Got one priority right now. Seems Southwestern Bell has a automatic renewal on the yellow page adds and if you close a business down they can automatically renew it and sue it. I got to go take a paper I was served with to the court and see what kind of response I have to make on it within 10 days.
    Other than that, all I need is for the weather to cooperate. Know its going to be 1/2 way nice today and by the middle of the week its gonna be cold and I think its going to be cold this coming weekend. The colder weather is starting to effect me more now too. If I remember right Feb is the coldest month of the year.
  7. FriendGregory

FriendGregory New Member

I hope ya all can understand it now I'm learning here

What started the chain reply;

Hey Chuck, ever heard of chum?!!! 8 years old and cute and often bold.

Yea cowboy near SF but, you do understand that there are many beautiful women looking for a straight guy in SF. I you are too handsome = *** and they move on. Going around with your son = they hope your free.

Yea FLHTbiker, fake ones do not wiggle like that.

And if some one thinks, "is he married?"
    Um, if my wife ask, we went there to play some ball.
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

yep I got to ride this weekend about 50 miles each day , so A hundred mile not good but better then not at all , that was my last ride for a few week's :banghead:
    Greyory my son is wating to fly out to Palo Alto to pick up A van for his comapny , he was going today but the place lost the title so he's on hold
  9. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I made a comment about the fake ones, but I think someone has changed his avatar since then so it doesn't make sense anymore. :roflmao:

OK, that specific comment wasn't mine, but there was one previously on the same subject - I believe.

:gah: It's all so confusing!!! :roflmao:
  10. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

snow thrower and plows were out so i slipped on the carharts (20 deg) and headed to the asphalt got the cobwebs blown out, was about 45 down where abbys scooter is at. shoppen for sportsters there all in all a great day. off to OR so back under the cover
  11. SK

SK New Member

I think it's funny that when San Francisco is mentioned..everybody thinks everyone is *** there. Just because many **** have congregated there doesn't make everyone there that way. SF is probably the most beautiful city in the country with lots of fun to be had there. If I could afford it (median price is at least $750k+ for a house) I'd live there. The weather is generally mild year round. You can head north or south along the coast for some great riding (especially the hills south of town towards Santa Cruz up around Alice's Restaurant..watch out for crotch-rockets everywhere). It's a liberal city for sure, but some liberal stuff is a lot of fun! The music scene in SF (Bay Area as a whole) is one of the best in the country. I was born in Oakland, which is quite different than SF, but I'll always love the Bay Area for it's cultural diversity and 8 Super Bowl victories.
  12. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's OK SK, my memory of SF was a lot of **** and transsexuals. Seems every where we went they were there. Even at a park my wife and I noticed guys laying on blankets together kissing. I personally didn't think it was a beautiful city but sure did have a lot of hills. I Personally think Portland Oregon is a far better looking city. It does not have the weather like Calif. does but at night it sure is a beautiful city with the lights and water front areas.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  13. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Dang, SK, you tell 'em! :roflmao:

Glad you like it there, and I'm glad I like it here. If we all liked the same things, this would be one boring world. I've had good and bad times in SF, had bad and worse times in Seattle - cities that others dearly love - and to each their own. Though when it comes to riding, riding in SF a few years ago nearly killed me 'cause the streets were so badly maintained. Friggin' pavement was missing on an overpass (Army Street over 101?) and that unexpected 8" drop felt like a mile to my back and neck.

As to everyone being *** there, I will say that a hetero guy can find some sweet ladies there that are probably a bit lonelier than, say, Dallas, Norfolk or Mobile! So I didn't mind that when my service required a visit to The City in my single days. I just ignored the Freddy Mercury-wannabes.

Years ago when I returned from ops with a bucketful of untaxable combat pay, I bought my bike at Santa Cruz HD (why there is another long story). Then the same evening I road Red down to San Diego on the PCH. It was July and I nearly froze to death! But it was the best way to get over that 500 miles of under 60mph break-in. Beautiful scenery.

So, yeah it can be pretty nice out there...if it weren't for all the damn vampires!:roflmao:
  14. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Lived in the Bay area too... LOved it... Man you talk about expensive... In '96 when I was out there an efficiency apt was running 1750.00 a month... That's F.....G crazy... But there is a lot to do... I especially liked Yosemite Nat. Park... Man, what a site... Gorgeous country man...:)
  15. SK

SK New Member

I don't think I'll ever live in the Bay Area again due to the average person can't afford to buy a house there any more. Seeing **** don't bother me as long as they..well..don't bother me. And Red's right..riding a motorcycle through the city can be insane at times. With trolley tracks everywhere, you have to dive in and out of between them or they'll grab your front tire. SF is one of the most beautiful cities almost anywhere, especially at night though. I prefer smaller towns now..which is why I'm probably gonna end up around the Carson City/Reno area (which is only a couple of hours from family in Sacramento and I really love Nevada) if I don't go to Colorado. I want to be in or around the mountains and close to good skiing. I've always loved Lake Tahoe..though it gets pretty congested, especially in the summer.

Even though it's been 30 years now..I'll never forget driving through Atlanta (driving from Virginia to Texas in '78) at midnight. I was in awe of that night skyline. Always wanted to go back (to see the underground), but have only seen the airport since.
  16. cardboard

Ya know if you got to close to that stuff it could rub off on you, then what would you do with a limp wrist. It would be awful hard to ride a Harley.:soapbox: