1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tranny woes . . .

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by joshbob, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Hey, you're riding and not pushing, so it ain't too bad. Hang in there and hopefully things will get better.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Well you can keep that one going without a lot of coin
    just fix the little things, wipe it down and ride on....
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly. Rode to Tattoo's today and bought a used seat from him. I'm changing from my sprung Velocipede seat to an Ultima "shootout" seat. Exactly like the Le Pera "Bare Bones" seat for rigid frames. I'll sit over 2" lower and about the same farther back, and I've always wanted to have the extra room to stretch out and be a smaller target for the wind. The bike will look cleaner because the battery, wiring and other electrics will be completely covered and protected from the elements.

I'll start another thread in the tech section with pictures when I begin the transformation.
    Red Rider likes this.
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

That seat change sounds smart and should look sharp enough, too. Sprung seats look cool, but if the bike fits better with the new seat it is definitely a good change to make.