1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Trans Canadian Highway

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 30, 2014.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

danb.jpg OID17.jpg
    I've been to Canada uncountable times and never had any major problems. 3 times,twice on the American side and once the Canadian side I got shit. I've never been refused entrance and I have ton of "stuff" in my past. On the American side once was coming back from hockey camp with son and daughter and the border guards from USA pulled me in and searched the van then let us go. And they were rudevassholes. The other time coming back into bar harbor the USA border guard and who was a Mexican started giving me shit and going thru the truck even though I had veteran plates and a VA STICKER BUT DIDN't comment on the Canadian cigars on the dash. Iwas laughing out loud bevause I'm an honorably discharged vet and he's a Mexican. I deserve to be here more then him. He asked me what was so funny, I just said shook my head and said "nothing." Finally a female guard came over and told him to put the stuff back in and let me go.

On the Canadian side I was going back to Quebec to pick up my son. I foolishly wore a tie dye shirt and my hair was not neatly in a ponytail,the Canadian guards pulled me over,took everything out of the van,asked me how much money I had and to show them. They eventually let me go after trashing my car. I had to put it all back

Other then that like roadster guy said Canada's awsome especially on a motorcycle but expensive. And when it rains MF'er it rains torrentially. I've made some life long friends there. Including thhe owners of oak island,the blankenships from the oak island mystery series.been on oak island a dozen times,steeped over their house a couple time too. They've visited here a week. Going back next year. I'll post some pictures later.

First picture is me and Dan Blankenship planting fruit trees on Oak Island. The 2nd picture is me,mywife and Mr and Mrs Blankenship having us over for dinner
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  2. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Going to thread hijack for a minute JB, sorry in advance.
    I love traveling in the U.S. You guys have it great with your lower gas prices, beautiful scenery, and some really friendly people. Made it down a few years running into Maine/N.H around 4th July. Wow! Canada needs to learn patriotism like you guys have. It is a shame for crap like Ferguson to happen when it seems everyone is so proud of where they are. Spent some of the last few winters in Fla. for a bit. White, brown, black, everyone was a pleasure to meet and talk with. Some Aholes on the interstate don't know how to drive, but we have those here also, so no biggie. I did miss my rolling hills at home as Fla. was a bit too flat for me, but N.H. mountains make up for it. Really hoping for some Pacific coast time with the wife in the next year or two, FLHT pics make me so jealous.
    JohnnyBiker, if you don't make Canada, no worries. You have it pretty good down there too.
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I have been to Canada before but it was pre 9/11. I am not worried about not gaining entry really. Checking out for fuel reasons mainly. The ride from Sault Ste Marie to Thunder Bay is shorter than what it is from my house to Sturgis.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Ahh they's all the noo yawk aholes and ohier left lane bandits
    that visit here in the winter, we put up though because they pay
    our taxes so we don't have income taxes.
  5. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

No income tax? Where do I sign?
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Buy a house, get a green card!

Or just cross over, wear a sombrero sit on your ass
    and get free HC, food stamps and housing..
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

One time a bunch of us were going across the boarder in Washington state and headed up into BC. We were all doing OK then they got to the last guy. None of knew his past but all of a sudden he disappeared. We waited for over an hour. His bike and trailer were totally stripped with all stuff thrown all over the ground. When he came out his was made to pickup all his stuff and put it away. He said I won't becoming with you guys.
    We all left without him. Found out after we got back home that he had been convicted of murder when he got back from Nam. He was in a bar he said and a vietnamese dude mouthed off to him and he killed him. Served 15 years got out and started over.
    They don't forget at the border. Wished we had that good of a border security in our southern boarder. He caught flake from all of us over that one. Still know him and he is doing fine.