1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Trouble posting replies with IE-11

Discussion in 'Using this forum - Help and Feedback' started by kenfuzed, Dec 28, 2013.

1. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

It recently came to our attention that the latest update of Internet Explorer has a bug that conflicts with this forum and many others. The bug prevents users from posting replies.

Temporary fix:
    In your browser click on Tools. If you don't see the menu across the top, press and hold the ALT key first.
    1. Under Tools, select Compatibility View settings.
    2. Add bike-talk.com to the list of compatible sites.
    3. Repeat for any other forum website you visit.
    4. Once closed/saved you will now have the ability to post replies in our forum.

While we search for a solution to overcome this browser problem we recommend using one of the alternative browsers which do not have these issues.

Chrome:
    https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox:
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new

Both of these browsers are faster and more stable (IMO) than the problematic IE browsers.

A fix for the IE bug(s) will be installed as soon as we know have one that is tested and ready. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused our users.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Thanks Ken, I was going to ask about this on Monday. I have IE 9 at work and have no problems at all. I have IE 11 at home and was not able to do anything except log in.

Thanks again.