1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Truckee to Albuquerque Would appreciate ideas

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Hot01, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

:roflmao:

I forgot about that space on the handlebars. I've just loaded it all on the back. I like to cover it all with a cargo net that I can stuff things into that I need quickly on the road.

One week to go. I woke up in the middle of the night two nights ago wondering what the hell I was thinking going that far by myself. It's over 7,000 miles round trip. The anxious feeling passed quickly. One week from today I'll be on the road. I can't wait.
  2. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Good luck Hot01.

You'll have the time of you life and you'll never regret any of it

Sorry we won't see you in Sturgis

Ride safe

T
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Less than 24 hours to go. Looks like I'll be starting out in rain gear, but that's been the standard in New England this summer. I've ridden more in the rain than not. I almost mailed oil change supplies to my friend in California. I bought a case of Syn 3 at a rare moment when the dealership had a 15% off sale. I don't know why I expected it would last all summer. That's only three oil changes. I realized I was going to have to buy more oil at some point anyway, so no reason to spend the money to send it. Now that I think about it, there are probably restrictions to mailing oil anyway.

I'm as ready as I'll ever be - down to e-mailing my son a list of people to call if I die. I figure if I'm prepared it won't happen. I'll finish up on that happy note. ;)
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hi abby, i just checked your route.....your not getting anywhere near texas!!!
    was hoping to meet ya along the way!!! you have a safe trip, and if ya can, let us know how it is going.....some camps and motels have internet!!! lol lol
    take care.....:biker: :chopper: :cheers:
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm going to be in Texas on the way back. You must have just looked at the ride out. I'm going from Albuquerque to Lubbock and then to Greenville and out via Texarkana.

As I was falling asleep last night I started thinking about camping in Texas. Do you have to worry about snakes and scorpions and stuff like that? I got stung by a scorpion in bed once. I was 6 months pregnant at the time. You've never seen a pregnant woman move so fast! Anyway, that was my freak out of the night.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yes you need to look out for "critters"....and the worse ones are FIRE ANTS!! they look like small sugar ants, but will sting like hell and leave big ol' puss sacs after they get ya. the worst is, there may be bunch of em on ya and then they all sting at once....that is how they bring down horses and cattle....i dont camp in texas anymore....that being said, if you go to a campground, make sure the owners have rid the site of ants. snakes and scorps are just part of the fun!!!!!:roflmao:
  7. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

and don't forget about the blasted chiggers:cussing: