1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Trucks

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Sir Rat

Sir Rat Active Member

F*cked Over Rebuilt Dodge
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

FORD is F@ck over Rolling Dump :D
  3. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

The way I see it is Ford never took a bailout, end of story. They have been the best selling truck for 34 years for a reason.
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Ahhhh

I got 3 Fords sittin in the yard
    Need I say more.

And 2 Harleys
  5. ultra200922

You got me beat, I only have 2 Fords & 2 Harleys
  6. cardboard

Got a 97 1 Ton Ford Van with a 7.3 Powerstroke from when I had my locksmith business. Everybody wants to buy it. It has a 355 rear end and gits good fuel milage.
    Got a 99 1/2 F250 SC Lariat 4x4 7.3 Poowerstroke Diesel

And a 04 F150 SC the FX4 the OL drives.

Got my 11 Ultra Limited
    And the OL 09 Nightster

When I can git a couple loans paid off gonna trade the 04 FX4 in on a new XLT 4x4 Ecoboost for the OL
    They have 21 Hiway and 17 city. If you drive them right you can get a little better.
    The 11 models had some bugs in them. Know a lot of folks with the pre 13 models. They like the Home made Heck out of them.
    IN 13 they got the bugs out.
    It will probably be 2 yrs before we can git another one. MY OL will be Old by then, she will be 55.:gah:
  7. ultra200922

I have a 06 F-150 FX4 Supercrew with a 5.4 and only 48,000 miles on it and an '11 XLT 4x4 with a 5.0litre. The 5.0 has 385 ft. lbs of torque 360 hp and gets 17-21 mpg and the wife doesn't want to drive anything else. Two of my friends have the new ecoboost engines in their trucks and have no complaints either.
  8. FLHTbiker

We got one Ford, one Dodge and one Chevy. Chevy and Dodge bought before the bailout otherwise I would probably have all Fords. However Maddogs F-150 with 74,000 or so miles on it just had to have a new Tranny put in it. My Dodge is still running strong and so is my little Chevy. We also have 3 Harley's :D
  9. cardboard

My buddy just bought a 13 model F150 with the rubber floor mats think its the STX
    He went with the 5.0 cause he likes the sound. He got a new boat. Said it gets 9mpg.
    While the 5.0 makes good HP at 3800 rpm
    The Ecoboost hits more HP and torque at 2300 rpm
    He didn't git the Ecoboost cause he didn't want to pay the money.

I will make my wife git the Ecoboost.
    She has the Ecoboost and really likes it.
    I thought she was running about 55 and said stop it, she said NO. I'm already running 85, What.....
  10. lucky

lucky Active Member

oh
  11. ultra200922

I know of 3 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 engine that burn about 1 gallon of oil every 1500 miles. My best friends would start to foul plugs it was so bad. The fix was to put a oil deflector on the bottom of the cylinders to prevent the spray of oil going so far up the cylinder. He is going to keep me posted if this works or not. He has owned 16 GM trucks but after this and having a couple Fords to drive where he works this will be his last.
  12. cardboard

Know down in around 07 they was having front end problems.
    Got a buddy that bought a Z71 2010 model. He had gone threw 2 sets of tires in 34,000
    He went to get his front end lined up, The front end man said he needed some work done on it. He said no way, it don't even have 36,000 miles.
    He took it back to the dealer for the 6th time. They said nothin was wrong. He showed them and they replaced front end parts.
    He drove from Texas to Lousiana where her worked off shore.
    The truck started stalling on the side of the road.
    He had it back to the dealer several times. They said there is nothing wrong with it.
    I said Robert, why didn't you go test drive a Ford F150 like I was asking you
    Well my buddies said a Chevy is better for going hunting and gittin in the mud.
    Dude I duck hunted for years, how much more mud do you think you git in.
    He is a Mama's boy and can't hear.
    He let the 2010 Z71 go back.
    Work with another buddy that got a 08 z71. It goes fron 8 cylinders to 6 cylinders to 4 cylinders.
    He fuel milage sucks. But he is a Die Hard Chevy man and you can't tell him about a new Ford truck.
    He does drive a Older Model E350 van like a 89 model 15 passenger van with a V8 in it.
    But he don't like Ford.
    It has about 260,000 miles. He paid like 3000.00 for it. And its his work truck.
  13. FLHTbiker

Owned a lot of Chevy trucks over the years and never had a issue with any of them, think it just depends on how you take care of them. Had 350's, 5.4's and the only engine I had issues with was a Ford 400 engine, overheating. All the other Fords I had were without major issues as well but again I maintain all my vehicles well. My 07 Dodge I bought because I was tired of poor fuel mileage when towing. Neither the Chevy or Ford trucks had great fuel mileage with good power. The Dodge has both, great power and torque with some really great fuel mileage for a big 3/4 ton 4X4.

Attached Files:

14. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

2 Fords, 2 Harley's, thinking about a third, and looking to add a Mercedes for the daughter. :D