1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tryin to make it

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Oh no. I had a terrible experience with that myself, and it wasn't quite as bad as yours. I waited way too long, and it burst when they were going in. A week in the hospital, and it took a long time before I wasn't in a lot of pain. I had all my female stuff removed and it wasn't nearly as painful or hard to recover from as the appendix bursting.

Glad you're still alive!
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Losing organs sucks, even useless ones, as I know too well. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Just take it easy till you're ready to get back in the wind.
  3. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Hey Cardboard!! Glad to hear your still kicking and here with us. Had a heart attack about 13 year ago and it sucked....I imagine the burst you had may be even worse...hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and that your dong better by then:)
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

A heart attack and a 5 by pass open heart surgery plus a metal ring installed on a heart valve took the wind out of my sails for a few months. So really take it easy and don't push it for awhile and don't try and ride to soon.
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

glad you came thru..look after yourself and take it E-z
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

man I wondered where you got off to , take it easy & do as the doc's say & you'll be in the wind in no time rest easy & good luck
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

spent some time with him yesterday.......doin lots better. sounds better and feels better. eating food and keeping it down.....i figure he will start his bitchin/moanin in about 3 days!!!!!!!:roflmao:
  8. FLHTbiker

We'll be prepared :D
  9. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Goodmornin Rednecks !

Got up yesterday and everthing went for the worst. Got Sick right off the bat.
    Was able to setup and the wife threw me in the truck and drove me to Houston. It nearly killled me. I heaved 4 times after I got there. Ride was too much but the OL is takin care of me and has to return to work after being off for a little over a week.
    She got up at 3:00am this mornin and called MCDonalds and asked what time they served breakfast. The dude said 4:00am, She said she needed some pancakes, he said he would make em so she drove up the rode and got me some. They were hard to git down but good.
    Hope I can coast threw today. I need 1 good day. Totally worn out.:rant:
  10. chucktx

maybe it aint gonna take 3 days!!!!!!! lol lol
  11. FLHTbiker

:eek: Micky D food is enough to kill ya without being sick. Good luck with it sounds like its going to take awhile.
  12. cardboard

YOu got that right.

Need to git something down I can eat.
    Its hard forcing food down.
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

cound'et eat micky D's sick or not , trry making your own pancakes at home A lot better for ya & most likey faster :D take care of your self
  14. cardboard

Man Please !
    I walk like a 90 yr old man.
    With all the poison in my body and not eatin for a week I got weaker than I've ever been in my life.
    When the wife brought me home thursday, she gave me a bottle of water.
    I didn't have enough strength to twist the top off.
    I ain't suppose to be doing anything.
    Doctors orders.

NO way am I gonna git up with staples in my gut and try to make pancakes at 3:15am in the morin.
    I was lucky to walk to the Bathroom by myself.

We ain't been here at the condo in a couple weeks, NO FOOD in the condo.
    Pancakes were good.

OL come home from work and went to Chic Filet for lunch, she got me a chicken sandwich and fries and a vanilla shake.
    Got 1/2 of the sandwich down and 1/2 of the fries and all of the shake.

Man lunch rocked. I've managed to keep it all down too.;)

If I keep this up I will be gittin better sooner.
    Ain't had a meal this good in days.
  15. FLHTbiker

After I got back from the hospital from my open heart surgery my wife fixed all my meals and brought them to me. Problem was is she really put me on a diet and I lost 20 pounds while just sitting. :rolleyes: Take care and don't over eat, could make you sick again. :)
  16. cardboard

Not even being able to keep Ensure down for 4 days, I lost the taste and want to eat.
    Food stunk to me. OL brought a bag of Popcorn in the room and I ran her out.
    The smell of food grossed me out.
    I got scared from this. Never felt it.
  17. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Me thinks he is better today read his post in Harley oil :roflmao:
  18. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

cardboard - lay off that fast food man - it's got so bad carbs in it you might get a relapse. Or worst yet you'll have to start eatin some of that pablum thet serve ta in the hospital. :eek:Goes down easy good fer ya but tastes worst than chewin on a pair of old socks.:gah::puke:
    Was gonna say another actircle of clothing but the rules won't allow it - ya know!!:roflmao::roflmao:
  19. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

BTW cardboard, you may already know this but that appendix rascal that has caused you (and millions of others) so much pain, dismay and threatened your life serves absolutely no function to our livelihoods unless medicine has come up with something in the last several years. They do know however in grazing animals the appendix helps in the digestion of grasses. So unless you have a real hankering for hay or the likes, you didn't need it anyhow. If it was ever a question??????????????
    Just take 'er easy and get well. And if you get to feeling low, just think about being on your bike, cruising down the road and listening to the pipes.
  20. chucktx

ok, ya grazed over the function of an appendix....what about tonsils, adenoids....:confused: