1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

twin cam 95 in. oil out of air cleaner

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by super4door, Jul 23, 2004.

1. super4door

super4door New Member

Hi guys, I have a condition on my buddies bike that maybe someone has a solution for . We installed the 95 inch big bore kit in his 2002 softtail twin cam. The bike runs great but spits some crankcase oil out of the air cleaner. I have checked that the oil level is not above the full mark. I have read that this is sometimes a problem with adding extra bore and stroke, that adds up to more crankcase pressure, pushing the oil up the crankcase vents into the air cleaner.
    Anyone seen a fix for this on this model of engine? I have seen several fixes for Evos, (the Cure, S&S reed valve), but nothing on this later model.
    Any help would be great!

Brian
  2. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

I have a 2004 Road King Classic with the 95ci big bore and have never experienced the problem you are talking about. But a friend of mine had the problem and switched over to Screaming Eagle synthetic oil and that solved the problem. Ride Safe David.
  3. Seahag

Seahag New Member

Donny Peterson of American Iron Magazine recommended drilling out the head breather bolts about one size bit...My hypercharger air cleaner came from KuryAkyn with a spacer ring that has vent returns...this is located between the air cleaner and carb so nothing gets into the filter, but gets sucked right back through the carb and burned. I've never had a problem with this setup. This link should take you to the part:
    http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=2358
  4. putter

putter New Member

I have a 2001 RK 95inch motor on a with the screaming eagle stage one air
    filter kit , on a high speed run oil will be around my side cover and bag .
    I solve this problem by replacing the filter housing and using a Arlen Ness
    big sucker air filter kits.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If you have a high speed blowby that problem is usually associated with an improperly aligned oil pump, it will do it every time on high speed runs. You may have re-routed the problem to some extent but the oil pump needs to be properly aligned. Unless it was a poorly setup SE kit that was leaking at the breather bolts that would be my guess as to what might be a cause.