1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Two weeks ago . . .

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by joshbob, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Life insurance payout too high? LOL!, just kidding, good luck with your recovery, nice to have no spousal "I told you so!" sometimes.
  2. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Wide Glide had single up front and in the rear...I just bought the calipers and all was fine...I'm thinking about doing the same to the Geezer Glide but that gets $$ with duals up front....But then I have to ask myself how much is a life worth...Makes you think...I guess I could just do the front since that is what does at least 80% of my breaking...
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Life insurance - what's that? I do have "death insurance" though :rolleyes:. Most of the snow melted today, but we're supposed to get 4" to 6" tonight. Sunday, the temps are going to the 50s and we have a warming trend after that. Hoping to go for a short ride early next week when it hits the low 60s. Ribs and shoulder still hurt, but hey, a short ride will make everything better, right?

I pinned the clutch pedal today - it won't be slipping anymore.
    FLHTbiker and Sleepy like this.
  4. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

5. joshbob

Looks like a good ice cream recipe; I may try it as I have some pie to put it on. We got at least 6'' of snow last night. Going to try and talk Mac the Wife out of going to work today - I'm concerned she may end up in a ditch stuck in the middle of nowhere.

I'm staying home today - no school.
  6. joshbob

Well, boys, it looks like the deep cold is gone till next winter - nothing but 50s to 70s all week long. Yahoo! I'm going to hop on the sickle in a few days and ride to Tarboro, (about 30 miles round trip), and see Tattoo.

It's only a short ride, but I haven't been able to excercise lately and still have rib and shoulder pain, so I'm going to try and get back to riding a little bit at a time.

My bike is ready to go - started it up yesterday and it sounded loud & proud. After my next ride, I'll change the engine oil and check the point gap.
  7. joshbob

Rode for the first time the other day since the accident. Very sore (the next day) and out of condition. Amazing how laying around for a month can soften you up. But the bike ran perfect. Going out again in a few days . . .
  8. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Getting back on the horse that sorta threw you