1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Unbelievable... Boycott Autozone

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Lucifer, Dec 6, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Hell you can do that.
    You are lookin at Now, and not after what you do and the concenquences.
    I know people that felt like you did till they had to go threw the system
    They said I should of gave him my money and the keys to my new truck.
    It would of been a hell of a lot cheaper.

And the minute you draw your weapon. It starts.
    The Police will take your weapon from you during the investigation, its hard to get it back too.
    And you will have to go to the GRand Jury and they will deceide on the evidence presented to them whether you are guilty and whether you should go free .
    Just because you think you are right. Things ain't deceided like that.
    Its a long drawn out system
    If you go threw it once, you will not want to go threw it again.
    If a Police officer draws his weapon and shoots.
    He is immediately put on desk duty and taken off the streets, While the internal system investigates him. And not until they find him innocent can he go back on the job.

The law gives me the right to protect myself or my family
    But even they the person you shot. Their family members can bring a lawsuit against you.
    Hope you have the money to hire a lawyer.

My last wife was a legal secretary.
    My best buddy's wife is a paralegal and his daughter in law also works for a attorney.
    I used to do a lot of lock work for a criminal attorney when I had my business.
    I was in the security field for over 40 yrs as a locksmith , safe man, and in the beginning I did alarm work.

But Know the liability when you pull a weapon. You might loose everything you own trying to get set free. And even then you can sit in prison.

I want you to go seek legal advise if you want to prove me wrong.
    And the laws change by the state you are in.
  2. MSHax

MSHax New Member

I completely agree, IF it was JUST a robbery, let it go. But lately robberies aren't just robberies. I'm not going to die to save some money, but when a gun is on you you need to realize that you're probably going to die so do what ever it takes. We have way too many people standing by and watching.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

....good to know you'd turn your back if someone was in a perilous situation,I guess you're part of the pussification of America...leave a brother behind,just save your own ass

Don't think I would want cardboard around me if something like this happened with me , That young man is a vet he's trained to do just what he did , in fear of his life & a co workers life, that he felt was like family , I would not stop to think if someone is going to sue me at a time like that I'am thinking this S-O-B is going to kill me he has his gun out & pointed at us , he had his CHL auto zone is a crap hole anyway to work for, that young man can get a much better job now that they know he cares
  4. cardboard

Do you have a CHL license.
    Did you take the 15 hr certification.
    Do you know the liability in what he did.
    Do you realize you CAN NOT pull a weapon and point it and threaten ANYBODY
    Do you know how easy it is for you to loose your license and go to Jail.

The 1st thing they taught me is they DO NOT want any Rambo's or John Waynes out there.

I'm suppose to have your back. If you did not get a CHL and tote your own weapon, how did it become my responsibility to protect you .
    Got out of 3 yrs with a Lawsuit with a Nigerian.
    Got any idea how that takes a toll on the mind and body.
    A lawyer for a suit against you can wipe you out in money.
  5. cardboard

6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

i did'nt say it was up to you to protect me , I said I would not want you with me if this type of situation was to heppen to me , if I pull out a weapon someone is going down ,I was trained this was by uncle sam ,& yes I know what it 's like to pay a lawyer ,& yes I know all about the CHL laws my wife has a degree in criminal justice & works hand in hand in training police & the CHL for the private section , so if your in fear for your life /family you can shoot to kill ,& thats just what I would do , a dead man can't tell a lie :eek:
  7. cardboard

In 1969 I went to Ft Jackson for training with the Mechanized Infantry.
    Did Basic and AIT there.
    I was trained with every weapon the U.S Army had. I was stuck with the M-60
    I was trained in Recon.
    Even drove the APC.

In 1972 I took 1 1/2 of Karate threw this Dojo

World Oyama Karate Honbu Dojo

From the time I was 49 till the time I was 54 I took Aikido from this Dojo where I obtained a Black Belt in Aikido

Trained from Senshi Wilkenson and Chriss

Aikido at the Aikibudokan Houston TX-Index | Aikido Houston | Martial arts houston | houston martial arts | self defense houston

I worked on the streets for a little over 40 yrs of my life.
    Have learned a lot of when to and when not to pull a weapon.

I got my 1st CHL license in 1971

Mabe you have different training, and you see things different.

But one thing I was taught and have learned. When ever possible, walk away from anything that you can.

the stress and liability is a lot better on you.
    If you shoot somebody you will not be the same person,

And as I've said my last wife was a legal secretary.
    My best buddy's wife is a paralegal.
    And their daughter in law works for a attorney.

When I owned the locksmith company. I did work for several different criminal attorneys and a DA
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't like the firing but the company has that right
    part of the employee contract rules is, no guns on property
    or in building.

While his actions did cause the robber to flee
    they could have endangered the other guy worse
    got someone as a customer shot.

THey have rules, steps and guidelines for
    employees, he was on the job, violated the company
    rules and got fired per the rules.

End of story.

However, He did what he thought was right
    and should have shot the guy, bang dead...
  9. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

interesting defense on both parts, I agree with HRK, though this is all brought on by our selves, we have hired lawyers to make laws that actually have us shooting ourselves in the foot. Think of it, if the lairs..i mean lawyers haven't spent all this time creating laws that keep the honest people honest and bank tellers, quick trip workers, truck drivers, watresses and the likes were allowed to carry a side iron in their daily routine sure there will be challanges by idiots, but i bet we wouldn't be debating this issue right now.
  10. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

**** liability! **** the insurance companies! **** company policy! **** the pussies who wrote the policy! I'm takin' my business elsewhere!
  11. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

In our society sometimes there's a price to pay for doing the Right thing. He lost his job, he may have saved his co-workers life. Many companies have the same policy. 7/11 is one of them. Night shift in convienence stores is a job among the highest fatality rates. Go figure! Here in Fl. he would be a hero and he would lose his job.
  12. cardboard

go to the front of a lot of business's
    They have a sign on the front door. Stating you may not enter the premisis if you have a Concealed handgun license.
    Resturants, Car dealerships, furniture stores and other business.
    Insurance companies want you to pay more money if they allow you do carry a weapon in their store.
    They want to know if sued who is gonna pay your attorney fees for doing so in the business.
    You can boycott every business that exist if you want to.
    But I went threw this for years.
    They said you don't realize what you are wanting to do.
    You can't fight the folks with all the money that rule the world like the INsurance companies
    And if you get a crime like carrying a weapon in a business that has a sign on the door. Or you are involved in a civil case where you shot somebody.
    Your credit rating can change
    Ever thought about that ?

How Insurance Auto Insurance Companies Settle Claims

I went to open a auto on Hwy 290 in Houston.
    As I was gonna turn in the driveway to the property. It said. Nobody with a handgun or CHL licenses may enter this property.
    I had to call the customer from my Mp and tell them they would have to call comeoby else.
  13. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Sounds like laws in Texas need some work
  14. cardboard

YOu can't carry a weapon on a city Bus, going into a court house, a Hospital, the city hall, to get a tag for your car. A police station. The post office, a liquor store. A Liquor store.

ARe you boycotting them too and the folks who wrote the law.

You are more than welcome to come to texas and other states and see what you can change.

I'm glad people are paying more attention to weapon laws and who might be wanting to take your rights to carry away

But if you go to work for a business and they state it up front, that is a total different situation to company policy.
  15. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

They have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to employees having weapons inside the store...his piece was in his truck,he didn't violate company policy until he came back in to help his manager...

There were no customers in the store either,the robber forced his way in when they were closing...

He didn't shoot the robber when he ran away,because the threat was gone when he ran. I think he made the right decision there too...
  16. cardboard

Everything turned out great.
    And what he did was great except for one thing.

In Texas and other places he broke the law, by going to the car, getting his weapon and threating the person with a weapon
    That is a misdemeanor losing yourCHL license and a fine.
  17. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Even though the robber was armed and threatening his manager at gunpoint,:confused:I could see it being against the law if the robber was unarmed and he drew on him,but not when the guy was armed and threatening already...
  18. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

A robber/killer always gravitates toward the businesses who have these lamebrain policies. It has happened time and time again. The policies are not going to stop the crimms from bringing THEIR guns in!

AutoZone should have done the good and generous thing and made an exception in this young man's case and commended him for his heroic action at the very least. It's not like he carried the gun in with him when he came to work.

It is a very bad message AutoZone sent. I can't understand how some of you are backing the company
    in this. Company policy is not the law; it's only a policy written by one or more pansy assed, left leaning lawyers, no doubt.
  19. cardboard

I did not make the laws
    YOu want the laws changed , call your congressman and state represenatives.

Posted: No Firearms Allowed
  20. Appowner

Appowner New Member

And the thing you seem to be forgetting is this DID NOT happen in Texas! So your laws do not apply! Perhaps you can read up on Virginia laws. In particular the county where the event took place.

And a Grand Jury does not decide guilt or innocence. They decide if there is sufficent evidence/case to go to a full trial. Just saying!