1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Updating my fleet

Discussion in 'Projects' started by quietone, Mar 24, 2016.

1. quietone

quietone Active Member

Hi everyone, have not posted in quite awhile but still check in often to see whats going on. Thoughts of a new ride had crossed my mind and then I thought that what I had would be fine if I just updated them so I started that. I took the 88 fxrs and had it bored 10 over it's 80 to clean it up, did the heads, exhast, and carb kit, new tires and battery. Then I went to the 94 fxdwg and gave it new tires, battery, rebuilt the solenoid, pulled the motor and put it in a crate and sent it to S&S and had them rebuild it so my numbers still match. Put back in bike and now have a whole 400 miles on it. Am in the process of building new bags for it. All I have left is to get them sewed, and lined with plastic and they will be done. Then I took my 05 Road Glide and gave it new tires, battery, 200 watt amp and speakers, and vance&hines true dual head pipes. Still have to get mufflers, thinking big ovals but not sure yet. Also has 95" big bore kit in it. Hope everything runs for awhile but it still was cheaper than a new ride , kinda...
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Nice "Fleet" !!
  3. Silent-Dutch

Silent-Dutch Active Member

Welcome back. Sounds like money well spent enjoy..
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Nice Fleet dude! Nice to see you back on the forum, I am in your area often these days riding. Look me up on FaceBook if you like. Hope to see more of you on the forum.
  5. Gordie

Gordie Member

6. Gordie

Gordie Member

Howdy! I'm curious about your 2005 Road Glide. Have you had it dyna tuned and what are the numbers, H.P. and Torque? I have a 2004 Ultra Classic and also put the Screaming Eagle heads, cylinders, and a mild cam with a tuner box. Also two into one exhaust.. It's a blast to ride!
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  7. quietone

quietone Active Member

I haven't put none of the fleet on any machines to check the power results. I know the fxr and the wide glide feel rally strong by the seat of my pants test and the woman has pretty much claimed the wide glide as her new favorite means of transportation with 900 miles on the new motor. As far as the road glide goes I really like the way it runs, sounds really nasty with the old hollow mufflers on it, might run a little better with new mufflers and some back pressure on the system but all it take is another 800 dollars, ha-ha, but really like how it gets up and goes
  8. Kbar

Kbar New Member

Nice fleet! I have plans for my own 'Stable' as I call it...Right now I just have the Honda Shadow 750 ACE and the Harley Davidson Heritage Softail. Eventually I'd like to add (Emphasis on like to) a Triumph Bonneville Bobber, a Victory Vegas 8-Ball, and maybe a Yamaha V-Max. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable on the VMax though.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019