1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

V-Ductor

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by ShowMe02WG, May 2, 2010.

1. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

I thought if it worked as well as the carb kit does it should be a good thing. I installed the V-ducter, As some have said better throttle responce across the range. Seems to run a bit smoother. Haven't checked milage yet.
  2. whacker

whacker Active Member

I put the V-Ductor in my bike,hope it's not rainning this weekend so I can try it out.....
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

It won't get unless you remove the air cleaner. :roflmao:
  4. Bagman

Bagman New Member

Well, ordered one this morning for my Softail. We shall see how it works.
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

They work and I have it in all three of our bikes, well I used to. Forgot to pull the V-Ductor out of my last Ultra that I just sold. Guess I will be ordering another one for the 2011 103 Ultra.
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

:gah:I hate that when that happens..
  7. FLHTbiker

Yea, especially when I stripped everything I could off of it and put them on the new bike. Out of sight out of mind I guess.
  8. Wideglide85

Wideglide85 Active Member

Update: Back up to 50 mpg on road trips, good throttle response & torque. Can't say for sure that the V-ductor gets all of the credit, because I did so many other mods at the same time. I'd say it helps though, just because the way it's made, it has to increase intake velocity. All in all, the V-ductor was a good investment. And it looks cool. As soon as I figure out how to make a clear air cleaner cover I'll post some pics.
  9. JohnnyBiker

The V-Ductor is one thing that I have not put on my bike. I am not so sure that I want to either. It does sound like that it works though. :cool:
  10. FLHTbiker

There bad JB, will make your pipes louder to!!! :D
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ear splitting loud!!!:)
  12. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

It put a better growl on my almost stock pipes - but I do have to admit the mileage fell off a little. Will have wait until spring when I do my tune up to see if changes. Still I'm Not complaining about 42 MPG.
  13. JohnnyBiker

I like the 50mpg that I am getting. As of now, I am not going to add it. I am going to do some headwork first. Then Maybe I will put it on. I may just put the lighter spring in the carb for the throttle response. Not sure.
  14. FLHTbiker

Mine never dropped but went up a little.
    JB it won't hurt it but might give it a little boost in power.
  15. JohnnyBiker

I am going to wait and see what kind of numbers that I get when I put whiplash on the dyno. I am going to do that in three stages. I am going to put it on with my current set of pipes with exhaust baffle change out, then I am going to do it after I get the head work done. If I am not at the power range that I feel that I should be, then I will consider the Ductor. I am going to do things in increments so I know what changed what. Just my thoughts.
  16. FLHTbiker

17. whacker

whacker Active Member

I put the V Ductor in my 75 sportty,I get better thottle responce...not sure about the gas milage...I twist my wrist alot more now....
  18. Deuce3

Deuce3 New Member

I did a fairly scientific test today. Did 110 miles with the V-Ductor on and measured 36 MPG. Took it off, did the exact same route at pretty much the same speeds and acceleration and measured 41 MPG. So - at least on my setup - it doesn't help. I could feel no difference in performance with or without. I do have to say that I wondered how it would work - with all the air coming in from the sides of it and not head on. Just seemed intuitively that it would create turbulence. If the air were coming in from the end of the air cleaner rather than the sides it would make sense to me that it might help. I do not have a degree in aerodynamics...

I do have a larger air cleaner on the way and may try this test again when I get it installed, but for now it's out.
  19. JohnnyBiker

What kind of air cleaner set up do you have on it now? I think that the V-Ductor would work well with what what I am running for A/C set up. I am running a D&M Custom Cycle Spike Air intake and cleaner set up. MY A/C has slots cut into it 360* so the air is not just coming in from one side.
  20. Deuce3

Deuce3 New Member

Johnny - I agree that (I think) you probably stand a better chance with your A/C setup because of the flow direction - your inlet stream is aimed right at the carb. I'm running a K&N in the conventional location. Would be real interested in hearing some MPG results should you do this.