1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

V-Ductor

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by ShowMe02WG, May 2, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

What gasket thickness would you use???
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Typo, should have been 1/8" not 1/4". Each CVP gasket is approx 0.032 thick but if fxdxriderleo is making his own there are many gasket thicknesses available out there. Also forgot to mention that the back plate will need to be shimmed at the breather bolts to compensate to the additional standoff. I was probably in a bowl-game haze when I typed the previous message :p
  3. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

I like the air cleaner in as close as it is. Using the highway pegs is almost comfortable right now. If I move the air cleaner out it rocks my foot on the peg and this cramps my ankle.
    On the left side my leg rests right on the horn.
    As I have said I have a short inseam. If I stretch I can almost get both feet flat on the ground.
    I like the carb kit and e-z jest mix screw and the finger adjust idle speed screw. The V-ducter works. It just isn't optimal with some air filter set ups.
    Kenfuzed, I hope you don't think this is a failure of your part or your help. It's not. Your other parts have helped my bike run great. If I had longer legs and could use a larger air cleaner assembly I would realize the benefits others have experienced.
    I don't think on the last long road trip, central New York to Charleston South Carolina. I would have been getting 50 mpg running at a steady 70 mph with all my camping gear and such tied on.
    Not everything works for everyone. I'm just glad I found your carb kit before I wasted a ton of money on a new carb.
    Thank you
    Leo
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Do you have a pic of your set up? I have 30 inseem & have the set up I mentioned above on my E glide & it fit me just right & yes my wife says I look like a minnow on top a whale :D I ride my bro-in-laws FXD & he has the same set up I have & I can feel good with his hwy pags
  5. fxdxriderleo

I had the big sucker with both of these filter elements. And this 8 inch smooth cover. It stuck out to far.

Attached Files:

6. fxdxriderleo

I then traded my Ness 8 inch smooth round cover for this air cleaner. I used just the air filter out of it and the cover. The bike ran good this way. I don't like chrome much so I made the cover I have now out of a cooking pot. It's about the same diameter of this chrome cover but black wrinkle powder coated to match the black wrinkle on the engine.

Attached Files:

7. fxdxriderleo

I'll try to get a few pics of what it looks like on the bike.
  8. JohnnyBiker

Ok, I see what you are talking about now. Have you considered a set up like this???

Could wrap your legs around it just fine. I have a 30 inseam as well. A buddy of mine has a Heritage and he has the stock unit on and I am able to get to his Hiway pegs.

Attached Files:

9. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Sounds like somebody should check into lowering the ride to reach the ground - consider training wheels so ya don't fall over. :roflmao:
    Had the same problem with myEG and dropped it 1 1/2 " - makes a big difference on handling a machine that weights in 4 times heavier than I do. :D
  10. JohnnyBiker

I reach just fine on my bike. I can even reach the ground with no issue on an 011 street glide! :gah::fight::D
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey plus after two hours on a ride you can pull the cover
    and cook some ham n egg without a burner!

I have that same cover on my Woods Tall Air cleaner..
  12. fxdxriderleo

I got a few pics of my air cleaner. In one pic you can see the room between the v-ducter and the cover plate. About 1.25 inches. In one you can see the wire mesh wrapped in foam.

Attached Files:

13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

can you shorten the three bolts that hold it all together ? bike looks good
  14. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hard to tell from the pictures but how much gap do you have between the lip of the cover and the backing plate? Because the cover is smaller in diameter I wonder if it's able to fully breathe.
  15. JohnnyBiker

Looking at that V-Ductor I am nit sure that it will even fit in set up. My A/I A/C starts to bend 90* almost right away. :(
  16. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

it will fit..........no problems