1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Vance and Hines True duals

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by CD, Aug 20, 2004.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good to here you got your sled running right, have you looked up power commander.com & dug around there site , it took me awhile but found a huge list of maps on the fathead 88 's , they list all possable mixes of pipes & air cleaner's , I run the samson's ovels & SE air cleanre with the V&H true dules & they have a map for this set up
  2. DeathWind

DeathWind New Member

Maps

Yea, they have quite a few for duals, but none of them have the SE slip-ons listed. It's just a matter of figuring out which slip-on has the closest characteristics (flow and size) to the SE IIs. Think I'll call their tech support and get it straight from them. Will report their response here...

5 minutes later:
    Well that was a quick call. Here's their suggestions to start with:
    M807-034 True Dual headers, Vance & Hines Basic slash cut slip-ons, Stage 1 ECM and Screamin Eagle air filter
    M807-050 True Dual headers, Bassani slip-ons (long core), Stage 1 ECM and Screamin Eagle air filter

I was wondering if the White Bros E series slip-ons with 10 or 12 disk would be a bit more restrictive like the SEIIs
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  3. CD

CD Guest

With only 10 or 12 they might be closer as long as they do not have the end cap with the center hole.
  4. DeathWind

DeathWind New Member

Maps

Map M807-048 does say 12 disk with closed end cap.

Map M807-186 just says 10 disk.

I think I'll try the 186 first and see what I get for performance.

I've compared the other two they suggested and there are enough major differences to see they flow a lot differently.

It would be easier to Dyno tune it and be done, but I just know there will be some other engine changes in the next few months, so I would rather save the money for dyno tuning until I'm satisified with everything.

Thank for all the help