1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wanted: 96 CI Jugs

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy, Sell, Trade or Wanted' started by JohnnyBiker, Dec 7, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:rant:
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Now that is funny, I love it.
  3. cardboard

4. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

5. cardboard

Comon Man

[​IMG]
  6. FLHTbiker

Attached Files:

• nono.gif
      nono.gif
      File size:
      234 bytes
      Views:
  7. cardboard

I'm sorry man but it you take things into yer own hand ya know what might happen

[​IMG]
  8. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

98 big bore best money spent yet . but ya gotta spend some time on the heads . i spent 6 hors on my heads on sat . started at 4.00 am on my build finish the build at 1 am . marathon build . thats alot of time spent on the seat and guide machine for a set of tractor heads lol.
  9. cardboard

10. FLHTbiker

Attached Files:

• 436.jpg
      436.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
  11. cardboard

12. baggerpaul

I hear ya cb . IM just very anal about valve train work . and im gonna do on my heads what most porters might no even check or do . not only the fact that they might set the guides just to spec and i like my guides at a spec that works well with my valve job . just take for instance . most bolt in cams call for stock springs and stock installed spring height. stock installed height on my heads when i took them apart . was 1.883 . same as a sporty as amatter a fact . at that installed height seat pressure to close the valve 85 lbs . that is not near enough correct pressure for a 500 lift cam . no good engine builder would let that ride . and there is a **** load of cams like that installed out there every day. i did my valve job and then corrected all my stem heights back within one thousands . on all my tips installed my springs to 1.850 witch then gave me a min of 100. lbs on the seat . 5 angle valve job blended all my seats ports a chambers . i have to tell ya my rubber mounted motor allmost does not move at an idle . and its so smooth at 2500. rpm it almost feelslike it aint running at 70 miles an hour. and roll on at 55-90 is awesome . feels real good to know that i know that the work was done by the best builder i know .me! ya know what i mean cb . and if something goes wrong i can only point a finger at myself. and know ones gonna tape all the chrome up when they put your motor together and take care of paint like you do . ya know what i mean
  13. cardboard

14. baggerpaul

i would not be surprized if those springs are cv products tool steel springs . and jhonson lifters made to woods specs . very high quality stuff . . most high end engine builders . try to buy direct from cv products does alot of nascar . northeastern modified motors . sprint and all the above . good stuff
  15. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Mouse build JB is a TW21 in a 95" build with a.030 head gasket and an optional street port...lotsa info on it on HTT if you want to check it out...It's what I'm doing to the Cop King this winter,I'm using a set of '06 stock heads instead of the head work this year coming....
    TW21 moves the torque curve to the left more than any I've looked at...Crane 300-2 is what I originally wanted but couldn't find one...SE 204 is close to the Crane on the spec sheet....
    I chose the TW21 mostly because of the 3.15 final gearing on my '03...on yours I think final gearing is 3.37...but I don't know what it would be with the tranny mods done to yours...
    With the way you're describing your want to move the torque curve to the left the above cams are bottom end TQ cams along with the TW26 and what a bagger needs,lotsa torque coming on early...
    Do your research,ask questions and decide for yourself what you want...and head work is always a plus,you just wouldn't need a Stage 3 or 4....a Street port or Kirby's $299 valve job would really compliment a bottom end torque build....JMHO:D
  16. cardboard

If I remember right S&D bought Crane out. Got a buddy that was workin 40 miles up the lake from me. Was gittin some original Crane stuff. Cams, lifters and pushrods packed in original crane boxes before S&S got them. Guess S&S bought the whole Crane warehouse.
    Crane made some good stuff.

CRANE-TC-GCAMS - Crane Gear Drive Performance Cams for Twin Cams (99-06)

I like woods cams myself. Got a Buddy that just did a 97cu and went with the TW6H cam, roller rockers and heads done. He used Feuling race valve tappets and fueling race pushrods. He has a Thunder-Max on it too.
    It will git down and git it.

http://www.woodcarbs.com/cams.htm
  17. baggerpaul

who told you that ? crane cams earls performance parts - rhs . is all owned by . Holley corp . they did not go out of buissness . crane just sold out the manufacturing side of the buissness . to them . s-s prob. bought all there old stock is all . you know how these big corp work they buy each other out back and fourth . so folks run out and buy up all there stock sitting on shelves . cause they are used to there product . three or 4 years later there names back on the cover of hot rod mag , state there back and better than ever .
  18. cardboard

19. prodrag1320

prodrag1320 Active Member

we do alot of 98" & 107" builds,on milder ones, our 1.900 street port works very well(a little over a HP per CID,on the more brutal builds,our stage II or III heads have yeilded up to 121/124 on a 107",
    114/119 on a 98"
  20. baggerpaul

would not suprise me a bit to get a horse per ci on a mild worked head kirby . seems to me that intake to exhaust on these stock head and valves the port cross section is at 88 % effitaint . just going to a bigger exhaust valve and seat brings it up quite a bit !