1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Welcome to the new Bike Talk!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by CD, Mar 24, 2004.

1. CD

CD Guest

:D Sorry for the downtime! We moved to a new ISP with a much faster connection to the Internet back bone and to a new server that we built to max overkill. Sort of like putting a 124" in XL frame speed wise. We attempted to pull the old Bike Talk information but it was a no go so you will need to create new accounts etc.

We'll be creating forums shortly and input is welcome for the topics you want. There are tons of features and we will be enabling those soon.

CD
  2. Goose

Goose New Member

Cool software. Have to get used to it all. :)
  3. SK

SK New Member

Some very nice features to the board. Gotta fix my avatar or profile pic to be within 100x100 pixels.

Damn..Junior member?

I wanted SK as my user name, but it said it had to be 3 characters or more..CD? :rolleyes:

:cool:
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2004
  4. DeathWind

DeathWind New Member

Looks Good

Looks great and appears to have better features. Even adding images is a lot easier. Would have been great if this version would have allowed the info from the previose Bike Talk to be added. Are you going to arcive the old Bike Talk and allow it to still be viewed? Was a lot of useful info there. If server room isn't an issue you may be able to allow access to the old info and use a search engine, such as http://www.picosearch.com/, to allow everyone to search for information and tips.

[​IMG]
  5. CD

CD Guest

Jeez, it is new ya know

Hey SK, it is new ya know. I am tinkering with it as I get spare seconds. This month has been on a tear since day one and is not slowing down. We've ripped out the South wall and have added three more order positions and tech positions.
    At any rate, I fixed your name at least.
    CD
  6. kgc

kgc New Member

Love the new board

CD,

Got to say love the new board, and format. Looking forward to viewing the same great content as the old one. Keep up the good work.

kgc
  7. SK

SK New Member

Thanks for changing the username to SK there CD..much easier on me. And we're now on training wheels instead of being Junior members! :D
  8. CD

CD Guest

Training Wheels?

Well, not for long anyway.
    BTW, how is the new bike coming along? You riding it down here instead of the Star?
  9. Seahag

Seahag New Member

Good to be back!

The new site is very nice CD... but also very different. Its gonna take some time to learn what all these new features do. I do hope we'll be able to access old files from the previous system. Like someone else said earlier, there was a lot of valuable information on the old system.
  10. SK

SK New Member

New bike's great, just don't get enough time to ride it though. The Star is staying at a friend's house up by Sacramento so I have it when I go up there (like the past 3 weeks until getting back to Vegas Tuesday).

So yes..I'll ride it down. Will try to call you later today about coming down.
  11. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

looks good

First off, thanks for keeping the bb alive..this looks pretty good. Been a funny year ,some skiing couldn't get the Aprilia Tuono..Transport Canada doen't like 'em. I've been breaking in the E-G..box stock and slow as hell..but the scary thing is that I really like the bike...like a big 'ol Buick. I'll try to visit more often..and again, thanks.
  12. CD

CD Guest

Sleepy? Not is Sturgis!

Bob,
    You are welcome and drop by and post as often as you can.
  13. ROOKIE

ROOKIE New Member

Just sign on lookes Good>Rookie :cool: :eek: