1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Well, Honest this really IS my last trip of 2006

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by GreyBear, Dec 31, 2006.

1. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Well, the weather cooperated and I just had a heck of a great time. Left here Thursday and headed up I 26 to Asheville then hit I 40 and took that to Knoxville, Tn. Caught I 75 and headed up through Kentucky and over the river into Ohio then caught hwy 35 to Xenia! Yes sir that gave me all 26 letters for towns in HOG's ABC's of touring, for a total of 68 points. Of course since I rode everywhere I went I have no illusions of winning any top prizes. Since you could count the "fly and ride" places. But 66 points got you the special edition medallion which will go in the case with my old Harley 100,000 mile pin and some other trivia.
    Ms Bear was a trooper since the 29th was our anniversary and well it takes a special woman to think making a 1000 miles in 3 days in 50 degree temps is a great anniversary present. We had a blast! Stayed one night at Panther creek state park in TN. nice place open year round....but they "forgot" to mention the bathhouses aren't......spent Friday night in Xenia at a place called the Regency Inn, run by Harry a retired Navy guy whos is a trip....and makes REAL coffee in the office in the mornings. Went to the Harley shop in Xenia, Buckminns, and grabbed a Tshirt for us both. They have recently moved from a really neat spot to one of the new Corporation dictated ones. But the old place is still there and they have a bitchin mural on the side wall next to the parkin lot.
    Didn't stop coming back as we were trying to beat the rain in.....well we almost made it just had to ride in it for the last 60 miles or so.....
    Hope everyone has a Great New Year!!!!!!
    Ride Free.........
  2. Pixs

Pixs New Member

Ride

Very cool,

Best:cheers: