1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Westboro Baptist Protest Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Oct 3, 2011.

1. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Those people at Westboro "church" are not real Christians. Like the Pharisees of olden times - they have a legalistic view of The Law and absolutely no Gospel.
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I live out in the country where Older people come to retire. We have a Civic Club.
    We are havin folks with Kids moving in to git away from the Big City of Houston.
    They are Baptist. They git up and go to Church and come back and went to change the neighborhood.
    They will start saying we need a Home Owners Association and a leash law.
    You gotta cut yer grass and you can't do nothin to yer house without a building committees approval.
    They start going to people around 80 and over and start preachin to them about cleanin up their yard.
    I stopped some of them and they was sayin we paid 250.00 a month for association fees in Houston. I asked then if you liked it why did you come to the country. We don't want that here or live like that. Did you notise the ranch's and cows. I know the ranchers has already told you.
    I said if this is what you are learnin at your Church, you need to kick the preacher out.
    Don't walk onto somebody else property and tell them to cut their grass or to clean nothin up.
    Go over and ask them if you can help them cut their grass or help them clean up or help them paint things on their house.
    Yer preacher is trying to make y'all send the wrong message. you are not actin like you went to church. you are acting like Hippocrits with OLd people

You better be glad you don't go to Alabama and try to talk to people like you do here.
    The man on the end of the street , it at 80 and just had a Hip replacement surgery, both him and his wife are retired School teachers with little money.
    You Have money and think everybody can live to your standards.
    You Ain't any better than anybody else.
    YOu should of found a different kind of place to live than this neighborhood.

I'm gittin off my stand, but you understand what I'm tryin to say.:gah:
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I borrowed this picture.

But you got to Thank our Troops

[​IMG]
  4. joshbob

Totally in agreement with you, CB. Those Westboro folks went off the deep end somewhere . . .
  5. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Good analogy....
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Here's the website for the folks that started it: Welcome to Team America - Journey 4 Justice

Go ahead and buy stuff. I hooked up the guy that started it with the chick that does the stickers and hats and stuff, and she takes me out to lunch. :D Somebody's gotta do it. :roflmao:
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I like the T-shirts, look good.
  8. joshbob

I looked at some of the Journey 4 Justice videos. Interesting stuff.