1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What are y'all going to do Labor Day?

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

I'm NOT racing Labor day this year. :D I need some miles in the wind.
  2. SK

SK New Member

Guess I'm not sure which thread I wrote in yesterday. When I was in Tucson week before last..CD and I talked about the ride this Labor Day. We had been talking about the San Diego area and some riding on the coast. I'm the only one within easy riding distance there, but my main problem is Labor Day weekend is gonna be a major zoo over there..everybody getting their ya ya's out at the ocean before school starts..etc.

Any way..CD would probably need an extra day coming and going to get there and would be lucky to be there for two nights. I told him I'd never seen eastern Aridzona before..up around Alpine and such and that it'd be cool at 7000'+ elevation..like last year in Williams. That also would dramatically make it easier for you Goose..especially Monday morning when you head out for home. If I have the time in the end of August..hell..I might ride up to Canada and drag Bob down here kicking and screaming. :D

Wadda ya think?
  3. Goose

Goose New Member

You haven't ridden the Coronado Trail? Wow, you've missed it, beautiful ride! There's another little mountain range we could do along the way. The road is to die for! Absolutely beautiful. It's on the way. Of course, you guys might rather go over to Alpine by going up to Globe and over to Show Lo. That's a pretty ride and cooler than I10. I think we can hit this road I'm talking about from that direction, too, though.

Yeah, I pulled up the map. If you run down hwy70 from Globe, you get to Safford, go south on 191 to an intersection 366. THAT is one HELL of a road! Absolutely beautiful and the road will work you out on that FJR. It is the most awesome mountain road I've ever ridden. The perfect motorcycle for that road is a big sport thumper, something like a MuZ Scorpion Cup, or perhaps even a motard. There's no straights of consequence, just serpentine road. They'd just paved it, were literally pulling the lasts construction signs up when I rode it. WOW, what a ride! Dang Wing was a bit like a tank. Wore my arms sore fighting that big, overweight, POS, LOL! I had just bought the SV, but the thought of an all day ride down I10 to El Paso on the SV leaves me thinking of chiropractors and hemoroid surgery. :rolleyes: But, the SV would be awesome on that road. :eek:

When you get to the top, you're on a ridge high above the desert. It's absolutely beautiful and worth the side trip. I'll be very tempted to take the SV if we do this trip. I know I can do 600 mile days on it. I10 sure is boring, though, on a bike like that. Up side is I can cruise at 120 and still get 40 mpg. :D