1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 1, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Can't the dealer appoints the director. :rant: I guess that's the real issue:mad:

Some of us have already joined another Chapter and we are in the process of moving over. Very friendly people and the director is voted in by the members.

It is causing a huge problem and several members on Facebook have publically chastised the dealer. I have not done that, don't want to burn any bridges behind me there and don't necessarily believe that is the right way to do things.
    Will be interesting to see how this whole thing shakes down. May just wind up like sleepy in a group that does not care what you ride, sometimes think that is best.
  2. FLHTbiker

JB, Guess you didn't read the whole post that I put up prior to this one about what the HOG policy was. It's the new director that is causing the problem. Sure the dealer can do what he wants as he owns the chapter and nothing anyone says will change that. He had another dealership once in another city and did not like what was happening with that chapter so he simply pulled the plug on it and poof no more chapter. So guess I'll just move on.:(
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Is this your second chapter now in less than a year?
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't do the hog thing here several groups one liked to drink to ride. Not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

I belong to HOG but not any chapter. Like to ride with my buds,smaller numbers,easy going. Takes a while to pick good riding buddies. Tried some groups,not for me.JMO
  6. FLHTbiker

JB, we have been with them sense 1999. We just recently joined another chapter. You can belong to as many chapters as you want as their is no limit. However I think two would be plenty. :rolleyes:
  7. FLHTbiker

Nope, I would never want to do that either. Many chapters are now doing the no drinking policy at events at least here. :)
  8. FLHTbiker

We to have our friends who we want to ride with and most of the time that is what we do. I was an officer with this chapter in one capacity or another for 10 years and it used to really enjoy it and we used to have a lot of fun. Things have certainly now changed and not for the good. But there is that old saying if it ain't fun anymore than its time to move on. :)
  9. JohnnyBiker

My chapter will kick your ass out if they catch you.. :cool:
  10. JohnnyBiker

You quit one because of a women, and you are getting ready quit this one? I could be missing something as usual.
  11. FLHTbiker

JB, you don't seem to understand or I did not say something correct. We joined this chapter in 1999 and it was our first Harley chapter. We have not quit this chapter yet. We have now also joined another chapter but at this time we still belong to the first one as I just said, I hope that helps. We may and probably will drop out of the first one because of their new director and inconsistent policies, yes there has been other stuff that has come up also.
  12. JohnnyBiker

Nope I think you said it OK, just misunderstood from awhile a go.
  13. FLHTbiker

Not a problem, hey sometimes I think I'm typing what I'm thinking but sometimes it just don't come out like I meant to say it, :roflmao: just ask Maddog. :D
  14. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I can understand your upset FLHT, I'd be p!$$@& too. It's probably not the woman director's fault this rule has changed. What probably is the case is that when HOG was first formed, no other brand riders even wanted to participate at that time, so that rule didn't come up. Years later when there are more metric riders envious of this type of group experience, it has gotten more difficult to have the exclusivity of a Harleys Only club. Look at Sturgis rally today. Metric riders really crave this Harley experience.

You see this sort of thing happen all the time when new situations come up that the original by-laws never thought about. Don't take it out on the local director.
  15. FLHTbiker

I could go into a whole list of things but the truth of it is, it is the new directors fault. There was one individual who wrote a letter to her complaining about non Harley's at rides. The guy is a big over stuffed baby. So instead of handling the situation herself as the chapter director which she should have done she takes the letter to the owner of the dealership. The owner is a true businessman and is very cut and dry. So she takes it and presents the problem to him instead of doing her job as chapter director and taking care of it. Well he said yep, we done want any non-Harley's on our chapter rides. The ones it is hurting are those paid associate members who ride a none Harley but work within the chapter doing a lot of good. No myself nor my wife are not affected personally as she owns a Harley now. However we have some good friends who have done a lot for the chapter and are now being told after many years in the chapter that they are now not welcome. These people are married to a paid member and have paid for the associate membership. The old chapter director would have never let it go to the point it is now. Just goes to show the lack of leadership on her part. :(
  16. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

,\"Should have "Grandfathered" the previous assos.members to allow THEM to continue and stop any newbies.
  17. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ok all non patch holder in the back of the pack , this is why I ride alone most of the time I don't care what they ride just ride safe so we can do it again
  18. FLHTbiker

I guess if most of you had put as much time and effort into this chapter that I and several others have you might feel differently:rolleyes: oh well, I quit.:(
  19. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Rent a big yellow eff'n gold wing and show up for the next ride...
    or a beeemer LOL
  20. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Same here for now, HOG member, but not any chapter...