1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What do you think when stretching a motorcycle

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by PaulineSinclair, Mar 22, 2019.

1. PaulineSinclair

PaulineSinclair New Member

Now I want to expand the rear wheel of my Yamaha r6, do you think I should do it?
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Lengthening the frame or widening the tire? I'll guess widening the tire and say that doing it on the R6 is a style-points only proposition, as it will mess with your cornering. There also ain't a lot of room back there. If you're modest about it, it can be done a little bit, not by widening the wheel, but the tire itself - but then it becomes a "why bother?"

I wouldn't bother unless I had too much $$ and only liked to go fast in straight lines.
  3. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

RR...you are very wise grasshopper!
    Red Rider likes this.
  4. PaulineSinclair

PaulineSinclair New Member

thank you. This is just my idea.
    Red Rider likes this.
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I know this may not be what a Yamaha R6 rider wants to hear, but if you really want a bike that you can make into an expression of your own personality - get a Harley. Tons of aftermarket support and thousands of experienced customizers. Sure, they may not be as nimble or fast as your R6, but they are way more comfortable.

If you invest your $ in customizing a cruiser-style bike, you will want to ride it until they outlaw bikes. Anything else, and you'll be getting rid of it when you get older, ad they just aren't comfortable enough to want to ride until the end. There's a reason they are called cruisers...cuz that's what they do.