1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What exhaust to pick

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by billym64, Jan 24, 2008.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

the chrome

I have always loved the thunder hdr sound and all but is the chrome any better on them? My buddy is so P-O that his is already is looking older than it should. I have not loked into them since 02. You can tell one when ya here and he has it on an 06. My other buddy's 84 sporty sounds real sweet with a thunder. Maybe it is time to look into it again. Any free-er flowing exhaust other than stock is gonna help some-where but I like the tone too!!!:D :cool:
  2. terry

terry New Member

hello billym64
    mate of mine has v&h big radius on his 07 softail took out the v&h fuelpak could not get rid of the decel popping .put in a power commander put it on a dyno popping worse dyno shop said it was the header pipes going in to the collector box something to do with the length of them.v&h are a bit shy with info so it is nearly impossible to dyno your bike with the fuelpak unless you go back and forth from v&h to your dyno shop to v&H .most of the dyno shops i have spoken to here in Australia are steering clear of v&h fuelpak
    GOOD LUCK TERRY
  3. billym64

billym64 New Member

vance and hines pipes

terry, thanks for the info. ive got power commander, big radius pipes, and arlen ness big sucker II air filter on my bike know. from my dyno sheet from the harley shop, my air/fuel line is almost straight across(looks like the numbers are between the 13-14 marker line) does this mean anything? also, i did get the monster baffle installed, went to the dealer, wheeled it outside and fired it up-HOLY-CRAP!! i got what i wanted- LOUD!! it sounded great. couldnt ride it though. snow is still flying in western n.y. !!! anyone else having trouble with the popping on decel.? i guess i wont know if my machine is doing it till i can ride. thanks , bill
  4. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

it's a curse. royal pain in the butt. make sur all your joints are well sealed than have fun. probley only be able to miniumize the problem. may want to try the washer bolt trick. i did it and it seemed to help, but still have a little. also learn to watch what gear your in when you let loose of that trottle. it's a number of things you have to do. good luck
  5. billym64

billym64 New Member

decel popping

dkin21- i need to hear from you!!!! do you or your friend have this problem of popping during decel. ??? man i hope i didnt make the wrong choice of pipes! doesnt matter i guess-im stuck with them! please let me know! thanks, bill
  6. billym64

billym64 New Member

skull, hey hows it going? you have the long shots right? are you saying you have the same problem with the decel. with those pipes, or do you just know about the big radius? thanks! bill
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I have the S/E double barrel pipes and Thunder Monster baffles and I DO get some pop on decel. I have had the carb adjusted, but it really doesn't bother me that much, and it really doesn't pop that much. It only really happens on hard decel....
  8. billym64

billym64 New Member

thanks voodoochild i appreciate the info! bill
  9. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

better bracket and location

I talked to my buddy at his HD dealership and he said that Thunders got a better bracket design and location so the vibration has been taken care of he also said that they really stand behind their product too. Just had one brought into him(he orders them for people) because the chrome was bubbling up:rolleyes: and thunder said send it in and replaced it ...But V and H HS propipe is the way I will probably go. He has had problems with other brands not backing up ther product... oh yeah the new Screaming beagles are not what I was looking for or into.