1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Whataburger

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Sep 4, 2011.

1. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Yea, I agree ... light beer tastes a bit like water. Can pick the AB products out of a line up.
  2. MountainCruiser

Yea, light beer is a bit like drinking water. Good cold Bud is hard to beat!!
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Was gonna ride about a couple hundred miles to the Shiner Bock factory in Shiner Bock Texas.
    Problem is I hate Shiner Bock Beer.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea Bob, Redneck Bud is just a name CB put on it, its regular bud. If you think that junk is good you have lost out on what a really good beer tastes like. Bud is just a run of the mill cheap beer, a good filler when nothing else is available that is better. Nothing like a good micro brew beer on tap, especially a dark one. Lots of really great beers out their CB, need to broaden your horizon. :D
  5. MountainCruiser

Both sides are right ... bunch of good micros out there. Have quite a few around here, mostly real good. I agree, good dark ones are great. Have a local called Highland Gaelic Ale, but when all said and done, keep buying buds to stock the fridge ... maybe just my history, can't get away from it.
  6. cardboard

Sorry man, I don't car much for Dark Beer.

And Redneck Budweiser is Bud in a Bottle with the Red lable around the top of the bottle.
    I started callin it Redneck Budweiser over 10 yrs ago.

Call some City Slickers a Redneck and they are offenended,
    I laugh at them.
    Some of the most down to earth folks and the best friends you can have is Rednecks, they will be there for you when nobody else is
    Where I grew up , and where I live , folks are proud to be a Redneck.:cussing:
  7. MountainCruiser

yep, around here redneck is a good thing ...
  8. cardboard

We have Walley World, HEB , Brookshire Brothers having sales on 20 AND 30 packs of Budweiser. I keep it in the frig.
    When its hot outside or after a meal, it taste so good cold.
    Put one in the freezer for a bout 15 minutes and put it in a coosey and sit down and sip on them.
  9. FLHTbiker

Its OK to be a Redneck or call yourself one, I just don't like Bud, too plain. I stock my fridge in the garage with Alaskan Ale, Drop Top, Rogue Ale or even Deschutes Brewery beer. All a Wally World around here. :D
  10. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

..Rogue has some wicked good beers, Alaskan Amber is good. Moose Drool, Fat tire Ale. All good. I'm not a fan of light beers or Budweiser with the rice adjunct but I don't live in Texas where it is hotter than hell and beer is for refreshment. I will say this about Budweiser, I've probably said it before but it is very consistent from Brewery to Brewery, the McDonalds of beer..safe. You know what you're going to get. A lot of micros get started on darker beers where it is easier to to fix a minor mistake in the brewing process, malt colour not quite right. Lighter beers such as Budweiser don't allow the brewer much room for error in regards to malt that is out of spec and Bud's consistancy is king, they don't make many mistakes. I'd ride to the Shiner Brewery and test some of their other beers.
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Hey CB, I ordered som of this Slap Ya Momma and man it is good! I have to be careful and watch home much I put on. First time I lost some hair on my head! :devil:
  12. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

You got that right...only I'd rather drink water than Bud;)
  13. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Sounds like something that would be brewed up here...lots of Gaelic Highlanders live here...
  14. cardboard

Don't go to the git groceries my OL Does, and she buys the beer. I'm happy to just have beer in the frig.
  15. MountainCruiser

yea, named after the high country here. There is a big Highland Games event up at Grandfarther's Mtn. Named for that country. Medium heavy ale
  16. cardboard

Comon man, it ain't Hot, just a little spicey.

It goes great on Shrimp with some butter, Garlic and garlic salt cooled on aluminum foil with the ends turned up on the grill. I like jumbo shrimp too.
    A little chicken with the shrimp with some Alvacado, and tomatoes on Mission tortias,
    A man can hurt himself eatin with this stuff.:gah:
  17. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I agree! A man CAN get himself hurt. I have to pass on the shrimp though, deadly allergic to them critters. :puke:
  18. FLHTbiker

You to :eek: Thought I was the only one that was allergic to them.
  19. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cookin on the grill, and NOT inviting your friends over.......priceless..........
  20. FLHTbiker

Yea but ain't he always like that :D
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011