1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What's your temps

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jul 5, 2012.

1. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

80* today, but rain. Has rained every day since last Saturday and calling for chance of storms through next Friday. Calling for flash floods today... :gah:
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Headed out today for a overnight trip with a group of guys over to an area called the painted hills. Their predicting thunderstorms and 90's.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342271059.506448.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. MountainCruiser

Cool pic, would like to see that... :cool:
  4. FLHTbiker

If you ever come to Oregon I'll give you the grand tour. You probably like it.:)
  5. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I see you live in Asheville,NC. Painted hills is nice, different and something to see but it ain't got nothing on Asheville,NC and surrounding area.
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Man Marc, you do have some great scenery in your neighborhood! More pics???

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  7. MountainCruiser

WNC is great riding! Day turned out much better than forecast, got good ride in down to Lake Lure and back... ;)
  8. FLHTbiker

Every area is unique and different. The painted hills are just one of the great treasures here in the Pacific Northwest.
  9. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Glad the weather turned to your advantage. :cool: We've been having similar rain patterns over here in ENC. It usually rains later in the day or evening. Like I said before, the farmers are lovin' it. All the crops are looking real good. If we don't get a hurricane through here, they will do very well this year.
  10. badinfluence63

Very true. And The PNW has majestic variety in landscape,views, climate etc... I almost moved to the Willamette VAlley, Oregon back about 20 years ago.

The Asheville and western NC area in general is unique to itself in that there is Maggie Valley, Black Mts, the Great Smokey Mts, the Dragons tail and so much more. Its crazy motorcycle country. And the state is huge.

The PNW has a beautiful ocean side but so doesn't NC. Western NC is attached to the rest of NC, outer banks, Moorehead city(and who doesn't like Moorehead?,lol).

From a historical point of view NC had Blackbeard and I think the PNW has Captain Cook and Sir FRancis Drake? And NC is full of Civil war history.

I concede to your point FLHT because 1) you're the MOD/ADMIN and 2) its a valid point.

I still say NC beats the entire PNW for motorcycle country and its just a state,lol.

11. FLHTbiker

Each to their point of view, I wouldn't trade the PNW for any other place in the country. Oh, by the way we don't get hurricanes either.

And what has being a mod have to do with it.:rolleyes:
  12. badinfluence63

The hurricane/tornador factor and the summer heat at least in Eastern NC is a biotch. In July it can be 98 degrees at 10PM. Western NC I don't think experiences as consistant heat. Asheville is near about the most perfect place you could live in the USA. Not expensive either.
  13. eieio4tn

eieio4tn Active Member

but ain't the PNW in that there "ring of fire"?
  14. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Oh O! I see a "discussion" brewing! :eek: :fight: :roflmao:
  15. badinfluence63

Not at all. FLHT is correct in his position that every area has things to appreciate and that are different.

16. MountainCruiser

Like a lot of you, I would not trade where I live for anywhere. NC being one of the original 13 colonies has a ton of history if you are in to that kind of thing. Because of its width, goes from beautiful cost, outstanding summer beach and warm ocean water to mountains of Appalachians. I do feel blessed to live here, has 4 distinct seasons and winter is short. Do not have to stop riding at all. Can't ride every week in winter, but can ride every month of the winter.

Now all that said, I really want to see Oregon. Marc, if I can figure that out, want to get out there and let you show me around. Beautiful country! ;)
  17. FLHTbiker

There is a ring of fire as they call it. It runs around the Pacific from Alaska down the west coast and includes Hawaii. MT Saint Helen's is part of it. The chapter is doing a ride up there later this month.

Yep, the different parts of the country are what makes this country of ours so great. Each area being so distinctively unique.

Here are a few more pics of the painted hills. You have to take a side road off of HWY 26 to get there. Woke up this morning at 5:30 and went for a walk around the town we stayed in, John Day. Was a clear morning with temps at 60 degrees just right. we had some thunderstorm clouds move in but no,rain.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342390102.473548.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342390124.474491.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342390135.717685.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342390154.353129.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. FLHTbiker

We had 25 bikes ride over and stopped at a interesting point where the temps that day reached 95 degrees. Lots of old Dinosaur bones been found around there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Very beautiful photos, Marc. You seem to have a good eye for composing a picture, like an artist would a painting.
  20. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

Oh god,don't tell him that,he thinks quite highly of himself as it is.just kidden,mark and I have riden some25,000 miles together all around this fantastic country of ours.A better riding partner you couldn't ask for,the ride to the painted hills was outstanding.