1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Where do you classify yourself

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by ironhorse, Jun 29, 2007.

?

where are you

Poll closed Jul 19, 2007.
  1. biker

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. motorcycle enthusiest

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. ain't got a clue

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Hmmm. You don't have "biker chick" as an option, but now that I'm a 9 to 5er I don't feel all that biker either. Back in the day I owned a small chopper shop with my first husband, then I was married to a bad ass for 10 years. He's dead and that's not a lifestyle I'd go anywhere near again. Did the stripper thing back then too.

Now I'm in my forties, work a regular job, even have a masters degree (not making anywhere near 100K, let alone 200K though), play ice hockey in the off season and make t-shirt quilts that I sell. I'm actually very talented with a sewing machine. I also put at least 10,000 miles a year on my Softail and am about to take a solo trip across the country. And I teach the MSF course on weekends.

So am I a biker chick? I think as much as anyone can be, but I don't scare women and small children. I find they are drawn to me. Kids love my motorcycle and the women wish they had the nerve to be like me. :roflmao:
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I figured out why "motorcycle enthusiast" doesn't work for me. I don't have the urge to have a garage full of bikes, (and though I do have 3 dirt bikes and an ATV in the garage - only one is mine) and while I look at all bikes with some respect I only really love my own. I think of an enthusiast as someone who really is into the machine more than the ride. "Riding enthusiast" is a tag I'd have picked for me, were it there.
  3. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Biker by Heart

I'm not much into "classifications" or whatnot, but if I had to "call' myself something regarding biker or enthusiast, I'm more biker that anything else! I eat, sleep, talk & sh*t Harley!
    Classifications are kinda like herding cattle into a pen, and that doesn't work well with me, especially when I'm one of the cattle. What the real bottom line on the matter is, you are what defines you best, whether you like the end results or not, and Biker I am. No shame and no dis-like, just seems that so many people out there are always trying to be something that they are obviously not! Besides that, there really isn't too much that "enthuses" me anymore,...other than my scoot and a long open road!!!!
    That's my stand!!
  4. colin

colin New Member

This is a good question. Biker? Enthusiast? Sportbikes? Cruisers? Wannabe? Probably as many categories as there are people riding or wanting to ride. These days I consider myself an individual who is lucky enough to have learned how to ride and been fortunate enough over the years to still be able to do it. Simply put riding is my preferred mode of transportation.
  5. fubar

fubar New Member

congrats thats one of the best answers i heard
  6. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I was stationed at Camp Hansen in Okinawa....less fond memories of Liberty there than in the Philippines or Korea
  7. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Im with you....I think I fit a little in to each but not really into any one. Where I work there are alot of guys that own bikes but I'm the only one who rides it to work more often than not. I don't feel that I really fit into the "biker" category, though on occasion I look the part..(leather, tattoos, loud a$$ Harley) but I think the "enthusiast" term doesn't go far enough for me...I mean when you are out & about & see another bike & think, hmm...wonder how that would look on my bike, or scan e-bay daily for more chrome junk to attach to it...youre a little more than an "enthusiast" I've been in the Military (USMC) & have belonged to a couple of MC clubs but more often than not, I ride alone. not because I really want to, just when the mood strikes me, I just leave & go on a ride. So I guess I'm stuck as a "no Clue" kinda guy.
  8. firefighterbrad

firefighterbrad New Member

I don't know where I fit. Can't say I ever tried to fit anywhere. To sum me up, I did 5 years USMC (year stint in Iwakuni,good times haha) Couple deployments to Iraq. Spent more time deployed than I did in the States. I'm back out here as a contract firefighter now. I guess that makes me a hard worker, sue me. I like being able to afford gas. I ride alone year round, never been in a club. Do PGR rides when I get the opportunity. I'm tattooed, bald, big and fit the stereotype but I prefer to speak softly and carry a big stick, no sense in claiming something your not.
  9. ksrider

ksrider New Member

I also agree that Colin's reply was one great reply. At least sums it up for me
  10. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

We got a guy from our Department who is a contract in Iraq too....small world
  11. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

I believe (my wife does too) that a biker is an atitude. Its not that you own a bike, ride everyday in all weather, belong to an MC, have tat's, long hair or anything else that "labels" an individual as a biker. It's an atitude, and has always been an atitude.:)
  12. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

I don't have a clue. I know I'm not a biker by most folk's definition and I think I may be more than an enthusiast.....but who knows? I like to ride and usually by myself. I have a few I ride with occasionally and the PGR when I get a chance. If I see a road, I take it. I don't care where it goes ..... I'll figure it out when I get there. I ride to get away from it all and I don't need a plan. I did all that when I worked in the corporate world. Business plans, budgets, reviews...:puke: . I was pretty good at it and it was good to me. It provided a means to raise my family. I'm done with all that now and me and the OL do what we want when we want. Life is better on this side.
    Slim
  13. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Yea, pretty much the same way here......although it is nice to ride with a group sometimes.
  14. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i checked out your blog..........have a safe trip and keep us posted on the progress!!!! dont forget pics!!!:D :D
  15. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Chuck, you want pictures of biker chicks. Here you go. :D

Attached Files:

16. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

17. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
  18. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

The one on the left is HOT !!