1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Where do you classify yourself

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by ironhorse, Jun 29, 2007.

?

where are you

Poll closed Jul 19, 2007.
  1. biker

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. motorcycle enthusiest

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. ain't got a clue

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

easy there guys.......he sent the pic for me.........:roflmao: :roflmao:
  2. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Ain’t got a clue either

I thought I did, but when I think about it, I’m runnin away from the yuppy image every chance I get but it’s close behind.

I never made over 100k in any year of my life so what does that make me ??? oh yeah poor.

I bought a leather vest once and started sticking pins to it. I got 10 of the yearly HOG pins all lined up on one side but that’s all. I never wear it cause I don’t have any other pins on it.

No tats either cause of what I said up top … to poor.

One thing is for sure… I hope I am never without a HD to ride. I was in a panic last year when the motor broke.
  3. scottf

scottf New Member

I spent 25 years in the Air Force working on jet fighters, went to Nam in 66,(that changed me), from a 19 year old kid to a man. I've been around the world a couple of times, but fell in love with a Korean lady, and I've been here in Korea for 25+ years. Been riding on and off since 64, but riding more these last 11 years since the kids are out of the house, and I have a few extra pennies to play with. I belong to a club called the Freedomriders here in Korea. All our members I would classify as enthusiasts. Actually, we are more a family than a club, we all ride just about every weekend, doing overnighters to different locations around the country.
    As the song says, "working for the weekend" so I can put Mama on the back of the bike and go someplace. "livin life and loven it".
    Scott
  4. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

thought about that very question for a minute and came to the conclusion that I aint been ridin long enough to know where I fit in:) I get along best with folks that are like-minded and can tolerate a good joke. Seems that I came to the right place to find thos folks huh:D
  5. chucktx

that you did sarge........glad your here!
  6. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

yes you did Sarge, lots of good humored people here......and I don't mean the ice cream kind. ;) :roflmao:
  7. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'm a yuppie.
  8. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Huh??!! :confused: Are you one of those $200K a year hard core bikers I used to read about on the other forums? :eek: :roflmao:
  9. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Yup..except they ride more than me and make a little more money and I got called a yup often enough over the years I almost started to believe it. So I figured I'd give it a go here to see if yuppies were welcome..:)
  10. chucktx

yup!!! yuppies and loose women are welcomed!!!!!!:roflmao: :roflmao:
  11. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

You're all welcome here.....hell, they let me stay! :roflmao: I don't care who you are, yup, cop, rub, no clue, etc, etc, I got no beef. The group I ride with is all of the above, 2 cops, all yups, a rub or two, then there's me. Go figure!?:roflmao:
  12. goats_hogs

goats_hogs New Member

I consider myself to be a biker. Do I rape and pillage? No. I do instill some terror in some folks, but not by my trying to. 6'4" at 250 with tats, goatee, ect, does bring a presence in the room when I enter. But it's not about that. I rode my two Harleys 18,500 miles last year alone, and I live with Indiana winters. I ride my bikes more in the 6 best months of the year, than I drive the cage in 18 months. I drive a $3,800 used car that sits outside, so I have room for the 3 bikes in the garage (wife has one too, that's counting her bike). I help out other riders, work on not only my bikes but other's bikes too, helping to teach others the way. I will not leave a man behind, he breaks down, I stay to help, or go for the truck. I stop if someone is broken down, no matter what they ride. This goes for females in any type of vehicle, from 16 to 96, it's just the right thing to do.

I think it comes down to this. A biker prefers to ride the bike over other modes of transportation. A biker has respect, both for others and by others of his type. A biker has trust, both for the ones he truly calls "Bro" and by them. And a biker rides, not just owns a bike.

Don't even get me started on the word "Bro" though. It's one of the most over used words on the biker net today. Not many in your life will measure up to the meaning of that word.... I feel it should be saved for the special few.
  13. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Nice answer Goats_hogs. We share a few of the same qualities/values. Nice to know there's some of us left in the world that would help out his fellow "man".
  14. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Good post goats-hogs, I couldn't agree more. Being a biker is about being committed to the way of life. And I don't mean being a 1%er or some kind of criminal. I think it's part of your makeup. Either you have it or you don't. I knew when I was a little kid, that I would be riding when I got old enough.

Owning a bike isn't about status, I've seen plenty of these, ya know what I'm talking about, the 4 year old bikes with 1200 miles on them and every friggin piece of chome you could buy. It's about a personal choice for it to be your prefered mode of transportation.

It's about the love and respect for the machine, the personal satisfaction of wrenching on your own bike or a friends and making it work. I'm with ya on helping others. I pull over even if I see someone on the side of the road with a map out, just to make sure everything is ok.

Man....just think how great the roadways would be if the majority of people, especially gagers, could think the same way!
  15. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Yea, Ive felt closer to some other bikers & guys I work with than my own real brother, so I see what youre sayin there....I like the Instilling terror in some folks bit. Im sort of the same way...At work I look like an average joe, but on the bike with my vest, tats, fu-manchu, people seem to give me a little wider berth.....not that that's a bad thing, if nobody messes with you cause you think your bad, you just won 1/2 the battle. ;)
  16. bcnasty

bcnasty New Member

I sort of hate post like this but seeing I am new here and feeling the place out I will answer as best I can. I am # 4 none of the above. I am in a riding club of retired and active duty old Navy farts that just like having a good time. I have been a patcholder and a lot would consider me a biker. However, as was mentioned my definition of a biker is someone that has no other mode of tranportation other than his bike and the club rescue truck and lives in the club house. Heck, I don't even use the term bro anymore. I will ride in the rain and enjoy a 650 mile ride to spend a day partying with folks then riding back in any kind of weather. Not into chrome but rather to make my ride the quickest ,best running bike out there ,so I guess like most folks in my opinion we do not fit into any of the above catagories.
    BC