1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

which map and cylinder trim values?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by twincam, Nov 24, 2004.

1. twincam

twincam New Member

Hi, got a couple of questions. I brought V&H true duals, ovals and a PC3 from you. Put them on my '04 FLHT/I, which already had stage 1 kit and reflash. PC3 really helped. I'm trying to tweek. I tried m807-125, m807-038, noticed there is now a m807-151. Doesn't say it has true duals, but otherwise describes my bike. My questions are:

Which of these should be closest and

What typical cylinder trim values should be used. (In my mind, cyl. 1 should be enriched and cyl 2 should be leaned. I set them to 1= +2, 2= -3) seems to sound best there)

I also noticed these maps all have a different idea for the ignition table values. Any ideas why, and which concept is best to use?

Thanks ahead of time for great products and support, Jeff
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

All the download maps are going to be "close" some are not as close as the description.

The best bet IMHO is to get to a good dynojet tuning center and let them build a custom map for you on the dyno.

This will get the unit tuned specifically to your bike, you'll get better fuel mileage and more power.

One gauge is the MPG you get, if it's really high then you're lean if it's really low then the map is rich. What ever you were getting stock you should be close to when you install the map, depending of course on riding style.
  3. twincam

twincam New Member

Thank you hotrodking, it's a little low (milage). I can tell it's also a little rich on the #2 cylinder as well, that's why I wondered what most guys that know what they are doing set thier cylinder trim values to on these motors. I figure there is someone out there with the same setup as I have that's already went through the shop and would know what they did. Also, I'm still curious why there is so much difference in the ignition tables between these maps, which should all be simular.