1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Why can't I

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 13, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:D Sounds like it :roflmao:
  2. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I have had my share when I was younger! :)
  3. FLHTbiker

Went through the whole hippie thing and Vietnam but never had the desire to try it. Got a bit wacky on Alcohol a time or two and a bit to much of that a time or two.
  4. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

You didn't miss too much by not trying it. I don't have the desire to even touch that stuff now, it was just one of those phases of life that passed :)
  5. FLHTbiker

Sounds like you came out, OK
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Some time ago, I caught a couple of my high school students smoking the stuff sround the back of the school shop. One of the boys swallowed the rest of the joint when he saw me coming! No evidence! I thought that was pretty resourceful, lectured them on the perils of mind altering substances, and let the boys off with a stern warning. They were plenty scared; they coulda been in deep do-do. I hope they're through with that phase of their lives!
  7. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I think that most kids respond better to an adult that takes the time to talk to them about issues like this versus just turning them in and not saying anything to them.
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

With some of these kids it's like in one ear and out the other. Reminds me of me back in the day! Difference is, they're doing all the bad things we used to do, only at a much younger age.
  9. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

I didn't have to try it cause everytime I'd walk back into the barracks at night I'd get hit by the infamous - or famous depending on your needs at the time - cloud of stange smelling smoke. But then coasting off to sleep was no problem......................:roflmao::roflmao: